How to deal with smurfs in ladder

Disconnect them.

This issue has been a thing since forever, lowlife smurfs are skulking in the ladder searching for a way to boost their ego against weaker players, thus killing this practically already dead game, and since Blizzard doesn’t do anything about it - it’s about time we as a community will.

My stats in this season are 42-31-23. The 23 being disconnects. Why? Because once in a while I get 400 APM Jaedongs fighting me in C league with fresh new accounts and odd looking names. Today 8/10 matches were versus smurfs.

So disconnect at will, and don’t give them a satisfaction of a game. Sometimes I float my buildings and waste additional 10-15 minutes of their time prior to disconnecting them.

2 Likes

While I can understand the frustration of losing to someone you think is too good for you to have a chance. They still beat you in a fair game of Starcraft. Your behavior is also a problem.

1 Like

I completely understand this feeling, thought i learn to deal with it (I also got a little bit better at the game that helps), but imagine you go to play chess and you are ELO 500 or so, and you are playing people of your level and you lose one, two, three, four games and then you realize you are playing people that are 1500 ELO !!! but on 500 ELO account !!!. Chess .com actually bans those people go check it out.

I understand the frustration, is just not a enjoyable or “desirable” experience for sure. I dont believe that Blizzard intended for things to be like this, and if SCRM was more popular and with a bigger set of players i am sure they would take actions to mitigate it for sure (they already did the algorithm would work with more people).

The solution that i can think is that the community get the option to load BWAPI into the accounts for Remastered, let the community “create” an OFFLINE ladder of some sort, only for accounts that are logged in Remastered obviously (to avoid piracy), or hell Blizzard, make it a DLC i would pay… imagine playing progressively better bots offline until you are ready to go back to the slaugtherfest/frustrafest that is the Online Ladder… winning 4 games and the suddenly you lose all your points to someone that is smurfing with a new account and is actually a 2000 player and i am struggling to maintain B or A (Tho i got to be S once!! but never again :frowning: ).

I knows that a lot of people that read this thinks that BWAPI will harm the game, i doubt it, i think people would like to train vs better and better computers offline, i think it would be an even better addition than team match making if you think about it, even for posterity as you could “downloads” a whole ladder of bots to play and train by different community designed bots. Bots will NEVER be or play like humans, but dont underestimate the capacity of humans, i can assure you that eventually bots will be created that could play almost human like, never will be the same, but that is the whole point, let the BWAPIcommunity drive itself, give that community new grounds to grow !!! AI is the future Blizzar!!! wakeup

This will never happen thought, Blizzard will never allow something like BWAPI because there is no real security for the software to be pirated, and the only solution is some sort of cloud folder tree (way to expenssive), how about some hash table and registration system in which each individual file HASH has to be uploaded that contain the Blizzard ID and the file, so if you want to load a Bwapi boat and you dont have an account though luck…it will just not work, also make the menu and system for BWAPI just accessible for people with Remastered, but again i think that Blizzard could benefit at this point on giving something “for free” to the community anyways.

It will never happen, Blizzard is a Chinese DEV company now, and there is no coming back. Long live Winnie the poo.

When that guy said he that the smurfs beat you in a fair game of SC I laughed aloud.
Manipulation of the ladder matchmaking isnt a fair game of SC.
It was before they invented rankings and had previously disabled ladder and ranks.
But now no it’s not a fair fight.
Also the koreans are the ones with the hacks nowadays for SC.
Nobody else

Are there actually “hacks” other than map hacks in SC?, i strongly doubt it to be honest, or at least i never encountered one in ladder tbh.

1. If they’re better they should play in their own elo, I don’t challenge chess grandmeisters.
  2. you’re an ape.

If you are claiming over 20% of your games are against players from higher rank faking their rank, then I think you are overthinking it. Just because their IDs are illegible or something meaningless, that does not mean they are from upper ranks. Yesterday, a kid kept saying that I am smurfing b/c my ID is not something meaningful. But I have been playing with those kinds of IDs since 2017 and I know many people do so. When I was younger, I used to put meanings to my ID b/c I had clans and my friends play w/ me, but none of my friends play SC any more and I Blizzard does not have any systems/incentives to join clans and therefore I don’t join clans anymore. Why should I put meaning to my IDs?

You realize that D/C ranks are not globally the same … The ladder may be global, but because people play at different times of the day, there is quite a skill difference between players even on the same rank. That is why you can get even higher rank, when you play at certain times. And at certain ranks there is a load of players that cant escape the rank because there so many overskilled players in there that keep themselves into it. Like on D so many high level players that are actually already C, but cant because the keep playing vs the same players on lower rank.
On an other note 400apm doesnt say much. There are plenty of players under 200 apm higher than that on all ranks. There are 200 apm F Korrean players that keep making same mistakes. There is all sort of things on the ladder. You really can encounter anybody more or less depending when you play. If you are not prepared to lose on ladder nor to get outplayed because the other person has some skill/knowledge/trick advantage than there is really no reason to play ladder. What is even the point of wasting the time of other people because you dont like their names, because they outplay you or whatever.
The only thing one can deduce from your post: “Iam a bad loser, i waste peoples time and iam proud doing it. Please Blizzard and people compliment me for doing it.”
The only way to know for 100 % that they are smurfers would be either haven played vs them already… In other words any person you have lost to. Any new account that is playing its 5 games to get ranked. Which is just a normal process from the ladder, imagine you playing when the new season starts …
And any account name you dont like because of Bias. How about just trying to play the game and try you best, instead of getting the satisfaction of boosting your own ego by wasting the time of other people with your lowlife strategy on ladder. I Imagine it must be nice to play vs a rank you know you already can beat easily. In other words you ARE A SMURFER, you keep throwing games to get loses and smurf in lower leagues. Worst of all you dont seem to care anyway.

So … " [How to deal with smurfs in ladder]"
In other words you are trying to destroy this game, you are trying to make other people destroy it just as you are. And make them smurfers aswell… STOP IT

2 Likes

@Dedus224 I figure you’re an F player if you cant read the signs of smurfing.
@Leonix fish rots from the head, but a d player like yourself wouldn’t know that, requires too many braincells.

Do you realize that there are not enough players now to form a fair competitive environment on ladder? The more people dropping the game, the bigger the skill gap becomes between you and the x player you gonna find.
If you are a casual player, then the ladder is unplayable even at F no matter what hardcore players say. Your best bet for you to have a fun 1v1 is to drop the ladder completely and find some people on the internet that are on your level and join them.
I agree there are smurfs on the ladder, preying on noobs(I believe these people chased away the noobs back when the remastered was released) but there are not as many as you think these days.

I remember playing you. You skill level is right at D level. Please refrain from doubting the braincell counts of others when you skill is not that far from it.

So you think your Rank reflects your intelligence?
And i guess your behaviour is an indication for your charm…
And my points stand anyway, lol
Smurfer and even reports himself… What is next? Flagging other comments for abuse ?
Why do you even post here? If all you do is showing what a well-behaved genius you are. Must be hard to be a smurfer, while pretending you are not.

That’s not true, ladder is fine until I get matched with smurfs
p.s
@aleksay
Ah, you’re that guy who does 4 pool and rages because I beat you. Yes, you are very intelligent for a primate that didn’t go through evolution. That’s why you’re D, and I’m C 1650 mmr
@leonix
get some treatment asap

I was at 1680 MMR when I played you and now am at 1800 (Unlike you, I learn from mistakes instead of finding excuses and whine). Because I have not played such a big whiner like yourself in awhile, I clearly remember the game. The map was Optimizer and I was Z at 5, you were T at 11. The game ended with my ultras squashing your army (which included wraith to my surprise). You claim that more than 50% of your games are against smurfs and the odds are, you are playing in a time zone when less competitive players are playing. Therefore, when you are matched with players who actually deserve to be at 1600+, you think they are from upper level because then, it is no longer your own fault but the fault of others. You said during the game that you are 24. If true, you probably should act like one.

You’re at B for cheesing as Zerg, which is easy to do with that race, as well as Toss. I got to B with Toss & Zerg in 2 months or so, while never actually played them. Don’t try to act smart when you aren’t.

Perhaps you can’t read. I killed you with ultras, which is hard to be seen as cheesing. If you want to live in your own world. So be it. Why waste your time posting where others can see when your security does not accept anything others say?

deal with it and move on lmao

1 Like

There’s some 400 apm players who are legitimately C rank. Also, I’ve noticed people in C rank can often have varying skill levels. If you disconnected 23 times and completed ~70 games that means your “smurf”-detection skills are way too sensitive, that’s not just “once in a while”. Either you have the worst luck in the world or you simply underestimate the level of players in C-league. Also, some people tilt into C rank or refuse to play mirror matchups even though they are B level, so of course they’ll be at a different caliber than other C rank players.

Every time someone disconnected on me the system left the game win/loss up in the air. It’s labeled as undecided. From there what usually happens after some time passes is it is decided as a win for me. When I check their stats I often see it decided as a loss for them. I’m not sure if it also gives them a disconnect. So it seems the system will inevitably give the disconnecting party a loss and the left behind a win. But from what I gather when you do that disconnect behavior you may receive the blemish of a loss and a disconnect. Kinda makes me think you should just play or leave.