Hiya im david im playing starcraft

they really should make it where you can play it offline like the 1998 version just a note not everyone has good internet you know

Because the standard game is free, it should be playable offline at all times.

However, because Remastered is paid content, you need to log the game into Battlenet once every 30 days to authenticate. Doing so will allow offline play for 30 more days.

Why?
Why ?
WHY?
Do they need to steal my data ? Dont they already have it ?

It’s part of the DRM. It helps mitigate piracy of the Remastered content.

I edited my reply above for clarity.

I just dont agree, the 1.16.1 versionb is avaible for free… THey can play over Iccup/fish for free, if they want…

The free version also needs connection every 30day or so … Or noT ?

Ladder is also only avaible for paid version and you need connection to play it … Or not ? lol

First of all i dont think there is any pirated Remastered version out, would be waste time anyway. Secondly people who would get a pirated version for the new graphics, maybe the commentators vocies and the cartoon skin wouldnt pay any money anyway.

So, the stealing of data and need for high internet/constant internet in support for certrain companies is one point, stupid reasons to take freedom is a insult to customers and only deserves one thing…

It doesn’t. I have a laptop that I play on very rarely, sometimes six months or more, and it allows me to play the free version offline every time.

Remastered is needed for ladder, correct, because it is was created for Remastered. The ladder didn’t exist in the original version (so it doesn’t in the current, free version either).

There’s a world-wide industry that devotes all its time and resources to hacking, piracy, etc. Key generators of the original SC were, and still are, ubiquitous. If people hacked the original game, they’ll be trying to hack the current game too.

I’m not sure where you’re getting that. Logging in once every 30 days only compares the license level of the client with the license level on the server.

It’s not needed on a constant basis for SCR. Just once every 30 days, for the amount of time it takes the game to launch, and only for the purchased content.

You know this “industry devoted to piracy and etc.” blooms because of bad customer serveses and often even the creater themselves prefer to see the fruit of their work in the popular hands, than some sharks getting profits of their daily hard work not only destroying their vision and games. To think that companies publish half finished products on the market selling DLCs before even releasing the game with content that was supposedly be in the vanilla versions of the game. Does this sound familiar ? The companies have forgotten that they want/ need the customer not the other way around …
But honesty doesnt pay in this corrupted world anyway … So, long shall the Blizzard live!!!

Blizzard shenanigans aside it is possible to do an offline game still. You can choose the “Play Custom” in the single player area or select the Local Area Network option in Multiplayer. The latter is what I use for 4v4 with AIs, and it does not require you to have an internet connection.

so if I change it to standard definition I can play offline for a longtime
just to clarify

Right. The base game is playable indefinitely without the need for a log in.

You’ll be able to use Remastered features for 30 days, after which it will lock out until you log in again.