Help with Triggers

I’m trying to use Scmdraft 2 to make a map, and I’m having trouble. I want to make it to where units are first created from the Warp Gate, and when they reach the objective, Zerg spawn everywhere and they have to return to the portal. I know to use the Set Switch trigger but I want to know how to make it to where when I bring my hero units to the Warp Gate the mission doesn’t fail. Can someone please help me?

You’re being a little too vague…

If you’re triggering failure when your heroes are removed with a trigger as opposed to being killed that’s a problem with your defeat trigger.

I’m assuming you’re condition is Player X has #0 of Unit, and no other condition trigger the action defeat.

Either add a switch to trigger ON when your heroes are removed…and ad switch is Off in your conditions.

Or change your defeat trigger to Player X has at least #1 death of Unit.

1 Like

Blizzard never did release a comprensive guide to map making. I never figured out how to make the triggers work to open doors, unload dropships and use those miniguns on those installation maps.

1 Like

What is supposed to happen when your units get to the Warp Gate? If they are to be teleported to a new location you can use the MOVE UNITS trigger action to move them to a new location. If the mission counts as a fail when you bring the units to the warp gate, there’s a defeat trigger somewhere.

Ah, I see the problem now. I have to set it to where if they get killed by enemy units, then turn on a switch triggering defeat, and if they get to the warpgate, then do something else. Thank you.

2 Likes

Miniguns has player owners like the rest of units. The owner is the selected player at the moment you placed the minigun on the map.
Since the rest of doodads doesn’t have owners, that info is never displayed. After a minigun is placed on the map, there’s no way you can tell which player is the owner. StarEdit doesn’t tell you anywhere.
Developers scripted doodads to interact in the game, but they never scripted info display. That’s crazy.

1 Like