Graphics out of date on Intel Iris Xe

Hi guys,

I am using Intel Iris Xe Graphics and my drivers are up to date. There were no issues last week but since update 1.23.9.10145 Starcraft Remastered yields the following

Graphics driver out of date

The installed version of your graphics driver is old and will prevent Starcraft: Remastered from running properly.

Visit starcraft.com/drivers for information on how to upgrade your graphics driver.

Starcraft Remastered runs BUT there are artifacts and black lines all over the game, it looks choppy and ugly.

Can you please suggest what can I do?

Here’s my dxdiag dump of the sys info:

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 12/4/2021, 12:53:13
             Machine name: X
               Machine Id: {ACEC20C5-6A68-4FB6-A691-2E7BE5E43A27}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
             System Model: Latitude 5520
                     BIOS: 1.3.0 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16106MB RAM
                Page File: 10270MB used, 15563MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\Windows
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey there,

The partial dxdiag data you listed doesn’t give us any of the needed info in regards to your GPU and the drivers it is using but the error is pretty clear that it sees your GPU using out of date drivers. (You could also use some windows updates being on 19042 when the latest Windows 10 version is 19044)

Manually check for any windows updates. Then download and install the most recent driver for your GPU here:

Thanks for the reply. Windows is now up to date and I managed to workaround the issue when I downgraded my video drivers to the previous version.

Using the latest video driver leads to the problem I described.

I will wait for either another SC:R update or the next video driver update and retry. For now I will stick with the older driver version.

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.