Good job! You never learn from your mistakes, just never

Another reboot of iconic game fails miserably. Just like we got scammed, WCIII reforged scene doomed too. Launch is disaster with everything crashing and endless bugs (this isn’t even beta. flashbacks to Remastered), they cut all the new content they promised (cutscenes, voice over, textures, QOL and other sh~tton of things) and released just same 18 year old game with only HD graphics for 40 bucks. On top of that there’s drama over ownership of custom mods (TL;DR all your mods belong to Blizzard. Must be salty after losing DotA to Valve).

GJ Blizz! Half of player base already asking for refund, remaining half will leave soon. Continue digging your own grave by treating your fanbase like this…

These aren’t games we grew up, not anymore.
BugCraft: Relagged
Warcraft III: Refunded

14 Likes

I agree. When StarCraft Remastered launched, the game was mess. Not as messy as Warcraft 3 Refunded, but it was still a mess regardless (still is a mess even to this day). But this, Warcraft 3 reforge? At least StarCraft Remastered was still fun, even at it’s terrible launched. But this? Nah, Warcraft 3 Reforged is a gigantic middle finger to the people who grew up with the game. And unfortunately, I saw this coming. With the terrible launch of StarCraft Remastered, I knew this was going to be terrible, at least for the launch at least. But I never thought it was going to be this bad.

So yeah, Diablo fans, don’t ask for a remaster for either Diablo 2 or Diablo 1. No more remasters. Please.

R.I.P Warcraft 3

Edit: Just some clarification though. I don’t blame the devs who made this game, but rather the higher ups of both Activision and Blizzard.

5 Likes

FYI they cut only the new voiceover for english because they where still able to use the voices from the cut out demo back then. Every other language got a new voiceover and because english had no new voices and the rest had no voices for mission 3-5 from Prologue there is no switch button. So the english guys has their old voices and hate them and the rest has new voices and hate them because with the revocalization there whas a translation of original names like Hellscream, Proudmoure, Dustvallowmarshes

now I already have separate 1.16.1 version for SC:BW (but i actually enjoy remaster too and play ladder etc.), but now I guess after Reforged (i pre-ordered btw), WC3 classic version we’ll have to get pirated modded version as well, lol, even tho we bought it twice basically. HEH

1 Like

Good thing I backed up my 1.31 installation and told it no when it asked if I wanted to update.

3 Likes

let this be a lesson to all of you. SC:R was the last blizzard product i will purchase, if you like being lied to and had by a corporation that wants to cut corners in order to profit largely off an over hyped and naive fan base, then go ahead be my guest but you no longer have the right to complain after being duped first hand.

2 Likes

It’s the last Blizzard game I purchased too. I love StarCraft and was interested to see what they would do to “improve” it (I wasn’t a huge fan of SC2). The updated graphics are fairly cool, but the constant updates and having to be online to play are rather irritating.

For that reason, I haven’t bought War3 Reforged, and given all the complaints, I’m very glad. However, it forced me to update my version of the game, so I now have all the irritations anyway. Hence I won’t be buying any more Blizzard games. I still play StarCraft and remain on here to help people out.

4 Likes

Blizzard just wont stop letting down their audience. Starcraft Remastered, apart from the HD graphics was a sloppy release (but definetly not as bad as the Reforged) and I was hoping that they would get the memo and learn from their mistakes. Well, we all see how the Reforged release has turned out. My question is this. Why didnt the Starcraft community riot like this, after finding out that Remastered was missing promised features(and quality of life features as well) and the tournaments(apart from the Remastered release tournament) were cheap?

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

I dont even have a blizzard product installed anymore. I reformatted my pc and saw no reason to to install any of the games I grew up with again. They arnt the same and neither is Blizzard.
Hello steam, goodbye battle.net.
I played SC steadily for long over a decade but it’s just not the same anymore its worse!
Boo!

2 Likes

Probably because the SC community is very polite and accommodating!
Also because SC:R was the first of these remakes/remasters. Reforged is their second attempt, and it’s a disaster/disgrace. You answered your own question:

They didn’t!

1 Like

… v16 ?

To the new version that’s compatible with Reforged.

let this be a lesson to all of you. SC:R was the last blizzard product i will purchase, if you like being lied to and had by a corporation that wants to cut corners in order to profit largely off an over hyped and naive fan base, then go ahead be my guest but you no longer have the right to complain after being duped first hand.

Same.

The Real Blizzard died in 2004, with WoW.

Nah 2011 with Cata and Bosses that think Diablo III whas DoA where every more work beside finishing the half done expansion is lost money.

blizz, just dont touch d2 pls

The reason I defended StarCraft Remastered when it was released is that it wasn’t so bad for me, I had all the things I used to have with Brood War plus the HD graphics, and since I didn’t play multiplayer too much I saw no problems and had no issues, at least nothing I could notice (but other players did notice)

However now I can’t say the same about WC3 Reforged. This time it is far worse. At least they were giving Brood war for free and it is possible to crossplay it with SC:Remastered. Now it’s quite worse! It’s not just a messy mess! It’s not just that they changed the EULA rules, it’s not just that they overpromised something and underdelivered it. It’s not only that they messed up some of the functions and made some maps incompatible!
They literally screwed up WC3 users that didn’t even had anything to do with the reforged!

And their damage control barely acnkoweledges (if at all) the issues and problems that the community is outraged about!
This time Blizzard has gone beyond nuts, I wouldn’t be surprised if they went bankrupt.

1 Like

Fully agree.

I can see the writing on the wall. I used to love this company but after this… I can never support them financially ever again.

1 Like

Im gonna be honest and say that I was abit too hard on SC:R, even at the start. Sure, it feels incompetently made, but like you said, they were kind enough to cross play with SC OG and SC:R, along with SC:R only costing 15 bucks. And in the end of 2019, I grew to like it. I like the remastered graphics, I liked the portraits, I liked the matchmaking, and many more. But it still is pretty dang buggy.

1 Like