Getting back into BW

Ok well I am fed up with sc2’s frustrating things, and anti-micro things is just one of the things I am frustrated with.

First of all, how do I change it back to the classic graphics? I hate the re-mastered graphics.

Also, in zvz, whats the current meta? In zvp, how do I deal with zealots and corsairs?

1 Like

Hey !, good you are playing Remastered now just so you know if you become good at this game your brain “new wiring” is going to allow you get better in those things you are lacking SC2 also… and the other way around you know? the knowledge you bring from SC2 will most definitively help you get a different edge on whatever you are trying to achieve on SC Remastered. So good new on that regard.

So win-win situation really.

Now could we get more information on what you refer with “anti-micro” things, are those circumstances on both games where you are required to have an “edge” micro wise and that frustrates you?.

About ZvZ one of the most important thing you have to understand are:

• Learning the difference between 2 - 3 - 4 - 8 sided maps. Sounds obvious, but you have to always take in consideration this facts first.

• Also related to point 1 you have to know how to send your overload which particular to each map, for instance, is not always good to send your overload to the main base but the natural expansion if its closest, sometimes your build is greedy and you want to avoid the enemy overload to find you. Always take this things in consideration.

• Check the replays and count the number of drones with the CLOCK to precision on each build, one more, one less of a drone DOES make a difference. The same goes for zerlings, overloads should always be counting enemy zerlings.

• If you spawn on the left side (with minerals to the left) learn to move the larvas to the left by selecting an overload and larvas and pressing Stop.

• You just CANT play ZvZ without knowing how to block a ramp or an entrance, the famous “concave” strategy.

• You need to get your Muta Micro UMS maps, and start learning how to clone scourges, shoot-move-patrol with Mutalisk, stacking overloads etc… Without those micro abilities you are going to lose infinite games.

Now straight to the meta?.

1. ZvZ meta is almost always considered to never leave mid game. It is very weird to see a ZvZ game that even goes as far as allowing 3 bases or goes beyond 12 minutes or so. That is a fact you must consider.

2. As dumb as it sounds, killing a drone is worth almost anything in zvz, 4 - 6 zerlings for one or two enemy drones?, TOTALLY WORTH IT. Always remember this fact, a lost of ZvZ games are won by just being good at killing drones and forcing sunkens in your enemy base while you tech.

3. The whole point of ZvZ is going spire then mutas, it is quite weird to see hydras in ZvZ to be honest, Mutalisk allow harassing an enemy base so bad that they wont be able to even leave the base without you leaving them without a single drone.

4. Taking a greedy hatch in ZvZ will make you lose 60% of the games, but sometimes you are just lucky enough, big gamble, no way to know for sure when to do this your overload has not even scouted yet. Is just roulette sometimes.

5. Gas trick and having that extra drone?, in reality over pool is almost always the way to go, only if you are really secure on your micro either for killing enemy drones and getting an advantage on pool Beofre ovie, or pool and gas or hatch before pool (90% certain death), only if you are REALLY sure of your micro skills go for it, otherwise always “overpool” as you are going to have to move your zerligns across the base just so your enemy does get an spire first than you.

Your question about ZvP

Early zealot harassment has to be scouted by the first overload, if you see a Protoss natural base with a quick nex/gate/forge keep your overload there and check the minimap, if you see a zelot coming you should see it then NOT AT YOUR DOOR or very close, you need to surround zelots, move the zerlings that are damaged back and so on, try to avoid Sunkens.

If it is a 2 gate situation and no natural base then you might want to trow some sunkens, it of course all depends, dont over produce zerlings, sometimes Protoss idea of harassing with 2 gates is that you fall behind on your tech more than harming you, killing some drone is OK for protoss, but making your 3 base hydra attack delayed so he can get storm and legs is all worth ANY amount of zelots.

About corsairs you need to scout the Stargate, and see if its “blinking”, you have to always make the decision of making spire for scourge depending on this scout, if you are going hydras only you have to understand that this requires a lot of micro, dont be afraid of making 2 overloads if you lose one and you see he has 2 or 3 corsairs, you are probably going to keep losing overloads. About spores? in reality you should NOT PANIC and change your whole build into a turtle mode jsut because you are being harassed by corsairs??, even if you are red if you are at his door with 20 or so hidras with range you win !! always keep that in mind.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hey The100YOU, why you didn’t join my new made StartCraft1 CoachAI discord server yet, I thought you’re a big fan of it, and I remember you’ve said you want to make a tutorial video about CoachAI before, whats up ?

StartCraft1 CoachAI discord server:

discord.gg/F3Ds69M

I joined when you first launched but not with this name i am actually making bots for BWAPI since 2015 or so, your project its awesome.

I don’t see you as a member there in CoachAI discord, I don’t know that you’re even on any discord :joy:, and I didn’t know that you’re making custom Broodwar AI since 2015 you say ?

Who r u ? you’re not The100YOU :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :ghost: