Game won't launch on Mac

Just downloaded the new SCBW patch, 1.23.5.8560, and now I cannot get Starcraft remastered to launch on my Mac which runs macOS Mojave 10.14.4. It says Play, I click, it says launching, it never boots, and then goes back to Play button. I assume an upgrade to my OS will help, but wanted to let y’all know just incase you would expect it to work with no issues, and there is something else going on that this might help to identify.

1 Like

I have a mac with OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 with the latest update. Same problem does not boot…

1 Like

7-1-2020 at 8:14 PM - PDT

@SpeedyRogue,

Blizzard EOL Yosemite Support QUITE some time ago. IF I recall correctly. (Hopefully a Blue Post will confirm.)

IF you can Upgrade to AT LEAST High Sierra, I’d do that ASAP. El Capitan, has ALSO been EOL for Support, and Sierra either WILL BE EOL or ALSO has been recently EOL.

Get to High Sierra, and you should be able to Boot the game again.

Unfortunately, I DON’T have an answer for @lostkid.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

I’m on High Sierra and stuck there due to having an NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card with NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137. UNTIL I can change over to an AMD/ATI Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX-580 8GB Card and LOSE the NVIDIA Web Driver, I CANNOT move to Mojave.

TimeLord04

[NO PUEDO ENTRAR A BATTLENET NI OPCIONES DEL JUEGO]( lovolvi a instalar todo pero no accedo a batle net ni a opciones o colecciones se cuelga

@SpeedyRogue - I had lots of issues of the game crashing before the update to Mojave. 0 crash issues after updating. As TimeLord suggests, I would definitely upgrade your OS (assuming you can do so).

@TimeLord04 - Thanks for the info, hope it helps them narrow down what the issue is. Cheers!

7-2-2020 at 7:57 PM - PDT

@lostkid,

When I was on El Capitan 10.11.6 on my OLD Hackintosh, I remember reading in one Thread that Blizzard keeps Support for the 3 Most Current MacOS Systems. IF that’s STILL the case, then that’s where I’m coming up with Sierra either SOON to be EOL or MAY HAVE JUST been EOL. (As the 3 Current OSes are High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina…)

I remember, also, the havoc created when Mavericks got EOL… LOTS of UNHAPPY Mac Users… :frowning: They were told by a Blue that they needed to at least move to Yosemite, or IF possible get to El Capitan. (Somewhere around Mid 2016…)

I know Mac Users stick to what works for them on MOST other Software Packages, BUT Blizzard CANNOT maintain Support of ALL MacOS X Versions forever. I do miss El Capitan, though. It was a REALLY NICE OS for me.

High Sierra isn’t too bad though. Current Hackintosh is an i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, TWO Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SSDs - One for MacOS - APFS, One for Win 7 Pro x64. One WD Black 2TB SATA Drive - HFS+ One 1TB Partition for Time Machine, One 1TB Partition for Blizzard Games.

I put Blizzard Games on the HD in HFS+ after reading the WoW Forum that stated that Mac APFS combined with CASC from Blizzard tore up something fierce the reliability and stability of WoW on APFS Drives. It was HIGHLY suggested that WoW be moved to a Drive Formatted in HFS+. I decided then to just move ALL my Blizzard Games to the HFS+ Partition on the WD Drive.

I hope all this helps people. Sorry IF long winded.

Good Luck Everyone,

TimeLord04

Found that launching in 64 bit works just fine (under options or preferences - game settings - game settings) . I was set to 32 bit and was having issues with patches 1.23.5.8560 and 1.23.5.8589. Hope that helps others users. Cheers!