Game Stability Issue with Hardware Cursor Enabled

I recently found a bug that has been quite annoying. After playing for while (10+ games), the cursor fps seems to drop dramatically, acting laggy. The game fps does not change, and it doesn’t have to do with network play, even going to singleplayer it is noticeable. Restarting the game doesn’t fix it, but restarting my computer does.

After some fiddling, I found that disabling hardware cursor fixes the problem. I would however wish to use hardware cursor, like I always have, I don’t like how big the selection cursor becomes with it disabled, and hardware cursor should in theory have less input delay.

I have talked to another person on discord having the issue, I don’t know how well known it is, because it could easily be confused for a laggy match, but it is a game-wide issue, like I said, it’s visible in single-player.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue, after a few games in a row the cursor becomes extremely stuttery with hardware cursor enabled. The issue is also observed when restarting the game or switching to single player mode. The only resolution once it starts is to restart the computer.

I do however observe a change on the in game FPS counter. When uncapped it is always at 300-301. When this problem occurs it drops to around 270 in game which tells me this problem is occurring and I must restart.

Using AMD processer and NVIDIA GPU with latest drivers (465.89 at this time).

2 Likes