Forum Code of Conduct

I would like to draw attention to the forum Code of Conduct, which can be found here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

Due to recent posts of certain forum users, I specifically want to point out the “Spamming or Trolling” section which includes:

• Posting gibberish
  • Making off-topic posts that ruin the thread
  • Making non-constructive posts

I am aware this only applies to a small minority. If such users are seriously wanting to contribute, but are having trouble with English, there are plenty of places where help can be found. It shouldn’t be too difficult to at least find a real-life friend who can speak English well, and ask them to have a quick look-over the draft before it’s posted.

3 Likes

I have been flagging Romero a lot, we had our fights between posters here and there but that guy is getting on my nerves to, sorry for posting his name i hope he gets some “time to think” also its very encouraged.

2 Likes

I prefer they post in their native language and let us figure it out. Either by someone who can speak that and english decently or with a online translator. Even google comes up with better translations than what they’ve been posting. If they see this and don’t start using their own language we’ll know for sure it’s all a trolling game.

EDIT: For fun I put what I said above into a gibberish generator website and got this:

If their native language and let us figure it’s all a game. I prefer their native language and english or with better translator. Either by someone who can speak than what and let us figure it out. Either by someone who can speak that their native language and don’t we’ll know for sure it’s all a game. I prefer they see this and english or with an online translations that they posting.

If they see this and let us figure it’s all a game. I prefer translator. Either by someone who can speak than!

Sounds awfully like our boy doesn’t it?

3 Likes

So thats it?, i was wondering, i dont have a perfect English also and i understand he is entitled to try to communicate… very interesting matter i wonder what i would do if i was a Forum moderator, probably i would have to write a letter giving some sort of ultimatum explaining that he can type in his original language for instance…and if i see him/her coming back in here doing what we consider “trolling” or “spamming” despite such explanation then well it should get silenced, can you even get silenced in this forums?, because in the old ones even I who was pretty much labeled as annoying and universally hated never got silenced… so i guess that doesn’t exist at all anyways, the just delete post.

Very much so! I tried it as well: searched for “gibberish generator”, typed in a few sentences and was very surprised at how similar the response was to “our boy”. It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s exactly what’s going on here.

Have a look at this:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/option-to-make-mind-control-kill-peons/813/3
He openly states:

I will happily encourage people who are struggling with the English language, but this is just stupid. And with such statements, I would hope a moderator can see as clearly as we can that this is simply a troll.