Episode III, Protoss Campaign, doubts

En Taro Tassadar, my good fellow. I have been playing the campaigns again for the experience of nostalgia. And the mission in which all ends (pre-Brood War) was a dissapointment. I expected it to be more challenging than previous missions. I think the A.I. is bugged or something.

The things that made me think this were:

• The A.I. only bothers with level 1 of both carapace and weapons
  • The A.I. use only two Defilers in the entire map
  • The A.I. doesn’t create more than 100 supply of units (If I am any judge)

I leave the worst, to the last:

• I sent a 551 HP Command Center to two Queens as a “gift”, they didn’t attemp to infest it

Any feedback on the matter would be most welcomed. Thanks for all the readers.

The first time :timer_clock: I finished the campaigns I noticed Protoss 9 and 10 were too easy. Somehow gave me the impression that Zerg AI was weaker than Protoss AI (Protoss 7 and 8 were tough).
But I don’t know, didn’t pay attention to those details on AI behavior you mentioned.

1 Like

The A.I. is pretty bad in general if only because it’s an old game(1998).
In “Eye of the Storm”, you get both Protoss and Terran tech. It’s pretty hard to fail given the map layout and the large amount of resources. Although, if you’re not paying attention, one could lose Zeratul causing you to instalose then and there. You can actually siege some the zerg bases with tanks and cannon the others from cliffs.

Shadow Hunters wasn’t hard perse(I wouldn’t say it was too easy, either), but the resource placement was annoying and made this mission longer than it could’ve been.

1 Like

Sometime ago I made a little harder, 2 player version of Eye of the Storm
http://www.staredit.net/topic/18230/
Red player trains Hunter Killers instead of hydralisks. It’s harder only at the beginning, though. Late game you can still beat with mass carriers/battle cruisers

1 Like

Yes, Toss 7 and 8 are much harder than 9 and 10, I already stated it in my other thread.

It’s still not as wicked as episode V, when the hardest levels are Terran 4 and especially 5, while 6-7 are episode I tier in difficulty, and 8 is a one trick pony as well.

But when you reach Zerg 8 in BW, it renders everything prior to it as a 6/10 at most in difficulty (probably except for Zerg 4 and 7, which are 7/10). It’s just that hard.

1 Like