Editing campaign maps

Is there a way to edit campaign maps? I don’t really like budgeting resources and I’m a big fan of the map “Big Game Hunters” because you don’t have to worry about resources. I was hoping there was a way to open up the maps in the campaign and edit the resources like that.

People have exported all the campaign maps from the game but the the default ones are hardcoded within the game and can’t be modified.

That being said if you want to cheat then use "“show me the money” to do the same thing without the hassle.

Thank you for responding; I don’t want to cheat, I want to play the game, but I’m not good at budgeting resources so it would be nice to not have to worry about that.

You say the campaign has been exported to custom maps? I understand if the main game can’t be altered, and I wouldn’t want to alter those maps, I just want to be able to play the maps without having to worry about resources. I’d be happy if it was in the custom library like the enslaver campaign.

If you’re adamant about using the original maps you need to download and use the SCMDraft 2.0 map editor to extract the maps from the game because no one has bothered to make a download of them in this form as anyone can have access to them with this method then you have to manually modify all the resources in every single map to suit you.

I found a useful thread about it right here:
[h]ttps://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7168

(ironically I just used a modification of the maps set on insane difficulty to make my own higher difficulty mod of the maps)

I read your posted thread, the link to the maps says “The file you are trying to download is no longer available.”

I do have SCMDraft 2.0 and according to the post you say I need to look for “.chk files, which is what the StarCraft campaign maps in the .mpq files are stored as.” Where are the .chk files? I couldn’t find them and when I put them in my search box nothing comes up.

I’m using the free version of Starcraft that blizzard uses to advertise their fancier version of Starcraft.

If you give me about an hour, I’ll upload all the campaign maps to Dropbox. They are already extracted and assembled, ready to go.

I’ll post again when they are uploaded.

Okay I think I figured it out.

Let me know if this works.

That worked out perfectly, I could even play the original Starcraft maps in Brood Wars, thank you.

Just out of curiosity are these maps stored on any site that hosts Starcraft maps or do I keep the original zip? It would be nice if they were somewhere, just in case there’s a fire and I lose my computer and my car with my backup gets stolen all in one bad day. If they aren’t is there a reason, like maybe they are protected by some kind of copyright laws?

My guess is that they are out there on some SC1 fan/mod site. I don’t know where though. I’ve always just kept a copy for myself.

If you want to safeguard them, you can use any cloud storage service.

Hello, do you still have the link to the dropbox? Thank you in advance