Constant BSOD - video scheduler internal error

90% of the time game boots to BSOD - video scheduler internal error

hardware

10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10750H (12MB Cache, up to 5.0 GHz, 6 cores)

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6

16GB DDR4-2933MHz, 2x8G

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Troubleshooting

scf /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
/ScanHealth
/RestoreHealth

results came back with negative issues - the file system is fine.

updated video divers
updated BIOS
Reinstalled video drivers cleanly

Results of Tshooting - issue not resolved…

Issues of this nature only occur using starcraft remastered - please build a more stable game.

Thank you.

!!UPDATE!!

Found a workaround - haven’t done extensive testing, worked 3/3 times.

Alt-Tab to another window (eg battle.net launcher) as the program loads.

Nice one Blizzard. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Would be difficult :confused: to fix your computer :desktop_computer:. When it’s crashing like that you have serious problems.

Are you using a laptop? I fixed a similar issue with WC3.

The serious problem here is Blizzard. Funny how there isn’t an issue with my computer until I run Blizzard software. Your logic is flawed.

Hey there Neutronium,

When a system experiences a Blue Screen crash, this indicates a critical system failure which is typically due to an issue with Windows or hardware within the machine. Here are some of the common causes for Blue Screen crashes:

• Hardware Overheating
  • Conflicting/Corrupted Drivers
  • PSU (Power Supply Unit) Issue
  • Faulty Ram (Memory)
  • Graphics Card
  • CPU & Thermal Paste (Motherboard)

Keep in mind that a program or game will not cause Windows to Blue Screen, but is only triggering some underlying system issue that is deemed “unrecoverable” by Windows. In order to isolate what is causing your specific problem I recommend these resources:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If you have no luck, you will need to contact Microsoft’s Support or a local certified technician to diagnose the system.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

having same issue with a Ti laptop video card. with both starcrat remastered and warcraft 3.
Blizzard likes to say it is because of hardware, OS or alignment of the stars. I have the same situation where i can play any game without issue, except the blizzard ones. older games seem to have been left aside, it seems they simply don’t care to fix them. Probably they still maintain newer games, I just don’t know about that. But the two games mentioned above are unplayable at the moment.

Having the same issue. I’ve never had a BSOD on this computer until SC:Re. Please fix.