Console skins discussion

Hello out there,

Have some questions regarding console skins, namely those that weren’t announced to community outside S. Korea, Silver and Gold Orchestra skins: why did Blizzard kept it secret? And the second is: will there be any option in future to buy those consoles just because it is very unfair to a loving community to be discriminated this way. I know Koreans are the main player base, but let’s keep it fair for all SCR fans. I would gladly get those tickets just to enjoy those skins. I am still disappointed that I couldn’t get Blizzcon’17 console skin as well, but at least that one was announced and I can’t blame someone else that I missed it, unlike with those Silver and Gold skins. I just don’t understand why Blizz deny ppl from buying what they want. What is wrong with putting all those skins back into store so every other SCR player would gladly choose what he wants. It is a win-win situation for both Blizz and players, what is wrong with that?

If talking gold/silver skins for the town centres, that was only for people who pre-ordered the game regardless of their region. As for console skins most were released and all you had to do was log on that day iirc. (except the Carbot, that is always for purchase)

He’s referring to special console skins which were awarded to those who visited 2019 SC themed concert in Korea.

Exactly. I can’t understand the policy behind discretely shoving in one of an overall very few purchasable items inside SCR store and not even announcing it to community. That’s one broken logic. Like, Blizzard guys, the StarCraft:R store is not refreshing at all and when it does, giving an option to buy something for a limited amount of time — you just don’t say a word. Is there any way to communicate with Blizzard representative about this issue?

1 Like

The concert consoles as well as the one from the 2018 said in the fine print that they’d be available for purchase in the future. And I think they intended to sell other things beyond the Cartooned graphics and the Korean announcers. I get the impression that further paid content hit the same wall as team matchmaking. For the last year the SCR team seems to have been restricted to compatibility and anti-hack fixes. Then again, SC2 went quiet for several months before Patch 5.0 came out of nowhere. So who knows?

1 Like

I really wish they would put all the skins for SC:R to the store at one point. Because there is no any reason why you won’t do it. It’s not like we are a big and spoiled by lots of customizable options community, and adding restriction for a pay-to-play content like limited time skins (from blizzcon) or concert skins is a huge mistake IMO. It would make sense if it was WoW or OW with huge player-base. It would look like something that has to be earned among many others skins and content. But placing an exclusive skins in a store once in a two-years period and not announcing it feels outrageous. SC:R is literally the only game I’m playing right now for half a year with my 2080ti graphics card, lol.

1 Like

2080 and you play SCR?
Yikes, no no. BIG YIKES. I mean I can understand if it was 1.16.1 but this scr is basically trash.

I just love the game. SC:R broke many things in original game, but I can’t say you can’t enjoy it anymore. I can still play ranked games and can still relax in custom.

1 Like

I hope you have at least tried SC2 customs. :slight_smile: ! I cant vouch for melee but UMS is still fun in sc2.
Honestly these days I find sc1 boring. They took alot of the community aspects out of battle.net such as clans and bots and made some of the popular chat channels invalid.
Sc game list may be alive but the community aspect when your taking a break from gaming in a channel, is gone.
Imo that was part of the attraction of the old bnet 1.0. Darn shame.

obviously it is about the core gameplay aspect, many people just dont enjoy Sc2 gameplay aspects as much as SC1 core gameplay. Even the different custom maps in broodwar are often just more fun. In SC2 they are often to much take away any skill of the player,which makes the game less interactable, aswell as the the visuals are just more engaging. SC2 may have a cartoony flashy visual representation, but honestly it is not as enjoyable as the remastered graphics/orginals even though in the Remastered version they also did it a bit to much clean colors and a bit cartoony, specially seen in things like the nuke(still looks awesome good though) or certain portraits that in the orginal looked like real person, but now look like characters out of a cartoon.

More people play sc2 than sc1. Soo…

Well, more people played sc1, so…

Oh be sure to share the schematics for that time machine so we can all go back into the past and enjoy sc1.

What are you talkinbg about ?
THe old versions are avaible and you can use them with icup,etc.
THe thing is that the remastered version, puts all the player together, has new graphics, doesnt have the color problem, you can even enjoy the free version, there is central ladder, crossplay with apple computers, avaible for apple computer systems, cloud -system that saves your replay, if it works lol, nice replay mode with worker count, zoom out in replay and observer, more in-game custom possibilities and that all from a central interface in the world wide web this being the Blizzard store …

I pre ordered WC3 Reforged but I don’t have “Reforged” skin console

starcraft.fandom. com/wiki/Consoles

Where do i DL the population for 1.16.1 after I install it?
Please provide time machine schematics.

Are you sure to have bought the Spoils of War Edtion for 10€ more if you did not had a Blizzcon Ticket?

not sure… but damn i had all other consoles and bonuses except korean exclusive ones… but i didnt even know about reforged console… even tho i pre ordered during blizzon… lol

If that’s the only bonus you are missing, I would open a support ticket with Blizzard :slight_smile:

So, make up your mind, is the game trash or battle.net trash?