Cloaking not working

During the Terran missions on the single player campaign of StarCraft Brood War, the cloaking is not working properly. I tested on several levels and multiple places to make sure that I was not near a detector, and despite that the enemies were still firing upon cloaked vessels.

What you mean by “cloaked vessels”? Was there a mission where you could get an arbiter to cloak a vessel? Can you share more details? If you think you’re so right it’s could be even better if you could record a video. I don’t know, maybe “cloaked vessels by arbiters are being detected” is a bug but we need more info.

I am also having this issue during the single player campaign on mission “Supernova”. You given access to banshees during this mission to sneak past enemy defenses, but regardless of whether I am cloaked or not, all enemies attack the banshees even when no detector is near by.

You seriously had to bump a four year old thread for the wrong game?

As alluded to above, this is the Starcraft 1 forum. The Starcraft 2 forums are here:

And also avoid bumping old threads. If there’s not something recent, it’s best to start a new thread.

All that said, I just played the Supernova mission and the Banshee’s cloaking worked as expected. To make sure, are you actually activating the Banshee’s cloaking? They don’t come with it enabled by default.

The only enemy detectors in the mission are the Photon Cannons, which do had a wide detection radius.

Minor elaboration but on brutal for me at least, the middle base sends observers in their attack waves.

But if he’s having trouble in the first place then there’s no way he’s playing on brutal.

1 Like

Oh that’s a good point. I played it on Casual just so I could get through it faster. With Observers in higher difficulties, that would definitely be an additional issue for cloaked Banshees.

Thanks for that heads up!

1 Like