Character creation/deletion error on Windows 10

I want to make a new character in campaign, but it keeps saying “File error creating new character. Make sure there is enough disk space on the disk StarCraft is installed to, and that you have permission to write to that disk.” I have full control over my disk and if I want to delete a character it says “Unable to delete this character-the file may be read-only on disk.” I checked and it wasn’t read-only. First time encountering this error.

Howdy Andrei229,

This definitely sounds like a weird error. If you have enough space on the C drive though then this may be a permission problem.

Background programs like antivirus software could be blocking the game, so you may need to try disabling all other programs and adding Starcraft as an exception in your antivirus software. If you have OneDrive, this can also cause a conflict so you may need to go through these steps to unsync the Documents folder.

My windows defender doesn’t allow my apps to access files so I put Starcraft as an exception and it fixed the problem, thanks for help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.