Can't scroll through the map using a mouse

I can’t scroll through the map by moving the mouse alone. I have to either click the middle mouse button and move the mouse, or click on the mini map. I don’t have this issue on StarCraft II, and only on StarCraft. I am using a MacBook Air, El Capitan. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still same issues…

Just move the mouse to the edge of the screen to scroll, it is usually pretty low by default so might have to up sensitivity. As well some QOL features from sc2 simply will not be present in remastered.

Thanks for the reply. I have put mouse on every edge of the screen but the screen will not scroll. I’m starting to think maybe my computer is not compatible

Huh, that’s weird, I have no clue on that aspect. Just wait for a dev or communit person to reply I guess, hope you may find a fix in the mean time :smiley:

Hey there! I see you’re running El Captain (10.11). The minimum requirement for Starcraft is MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) due to some driver and compatibility issues with previous versions.

If the system supports it, it’s recommended to update to 10.13. As a few other suggestions in case it may give an option to workaround the issue, Windowed mode or CMD+TAB can sometimes help with the scrolling issues with a few of our other games. It might work for SC1.

1 Like

I am having the same issue w mac10.15.5 and starcraft 2: cannot scroll by edge of screen of cursor anymore. Was fine just last night. Trying a reinstall now… fingers crossed.

1 Like

Well it works fine now. I reinstalled into hdd of macbook air vs in external hdd earlier - vain attempt to save the memory space.

My friend had this issue yesterday evening UK time (not sure of their system details), and now I have the same issue despite being fine yesterday.

1 - SC2 took noticeably longer to load up compared to previously ( a grey system box and load bar now pops up after clicking ‘play’ on Battle.net)
2 - I can’t scroll by mouse, only by clicking on the minimap
3 - The ghost image of a building before it is placed appears directly over the builder unit at the time of selection, and doesn’t follow the mouse or update field for Protoss pylons, but buildings can be placed (takes two clicks for a vespene gatherer, as on first click the ‘needs to be placed on a vespene geyser’ warning is mentioned, regardless of location selected).

I’m on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, on macOS Catalina 10.15.5

JimmyMcGood,

The previous player seems to have fixed their problem by installing to an internal drive. Have you tried reinstalling yet? Are you playing on an internal or external harddrive?

Thank you! I have downloaded the new version just like you recommended, and it worked like a charm!

Glad to hear it helped :slight_smile:

I have an imac 2017. A month or two from now, I have the same issue. All is updated, sc 2 and the macos. It is in the internal drive. It takes a lot of time to load, and after the mouse can’t scroll the map. Not happens every game, but in one on two games. I can’t fix it, I’ve also reinstalled sc 2 and macos. Not worked at all.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Everything is updated and it’s downloads into the internal computer. Camera won’t move with the mouse being placed on the edges. I’ve seen no solution for this so far.

1 Like

I have the same issue. It happened from time to time but today is happening all the time. macOS 10.15.6. Until today the game started very fast, but now I have the grey dialog with te progress bar for very long time.

Have absolutely the same issues as rainbow. Both mouse scroll and progress bar issues. macOS 10.15.7

Hi, same issue here, macbook pro 2015 model, os catalina 10.15.2. The only workaround I’ve found works consistently is to always quit the game and exit battle.net app completely when I’ve finished playing for a while. I never leave the game open especially if I close the screen and sleep the machine the mouse will not scroll in the game and some other strangeness like not being able to see the building placement etc during game.

1 Like