Can't play any multiplayer games

I posted about this in technical, but am not getting any responses. I just bought this game (again) from Battle.net and loaded it onto my (newer) Mac for the first time. I am able to play single player with no problems, but I get booted out of multiplayer games immediately after starting due to lag. It lags when I attempt to highlight a troop and after a min of choppy freezing, all the players pop up in the boot timer. (obviously I’m the problem) I have reset my modem and router, wired from my router, wired from my modem, turned off all firewalls/antivirus software, had my ISP send reset codes for my modem, had ‘prefer port 6112’ checked and unchecked, and done a speed test (with various different configurations) - 220 Mbps dl, 12 Mbps up, <15ms ping. The issue did not improve at all with any of the previously mentioned changes. No other programs are on in the background. 2019 Macbook pro 15", 8 core i9, 16 GB memory, Intel UHD Graphics 630, up to date iOS Catalina. Any help would be appreciated.

it could be your operating system that is incompatible. there was issues with starcraft 2 as well. i do however know that the newer mac books removed wired internet possibility. only solution to reduce communication lag is to move your laptop closer to your router.

If it’s a network issue there are two things you can try.

1. Ask and confirm with your ISP you are not behind a carrier grade NAT (CG-NAT). If you are, port forwarding won’t work. See if they have an option to change you to a ‘live’ IP. This will help ensure you are connectable.
  2. Disable any options on your router labelled UPNP or NAT-PMP. Blizzard state the game is configured to use those feature but I believe this implementation is broken. See my post about it. Unfortunately I never received a response from Blizzard so I guess we’ll never know!

If you are directly connected to the internet (cable not wifi) with no firewall preventing connection to port 6112 or transmitting outgoing packets and you are indeed using this port (UPNP disabled, prefer port 6112 selected) and your speed test is providing consistent results you can likely rule out a network issue at your installation.

Choppiness seems hardware related including possiblity for OS issues.
Your first mistake was buying Mac OS and thinking you should game on it.