Cannot join or play ranked

I don’t know what changed suddenly I cant join any games ranked will search for and find games and countdown to 0 but it never starts it just goes back to searching.
Nothing changed as far as I know and now I just cannot play anyone help please blizzard maybe longshot lol.

Try reinstalling SCR,

I already did that twice to no avail. Its strange when I try to join games it tells me unaible to join or when I try to play ranked it finds matches counts down to 0 without showing me my opponents name or mmr and just goes back to searching again.

I have the same problem. I wonder if you are also unable to join custom games like I am. I have tried pretty much everything so far including, firewall config, router config, repairing and reinstalling the game… Any help?

Literally I have tried all the same and port forwarded to 6112 and yeah I cant join any games or create them.
I get a red text when I create saying due to your network configuration your connection must be routed via a proxy server which may increase latency.
Im assuming this is maybe the reason ranked wont work and I cant join as well.
It would be nice if blizzard helped but I doubt thats going to happen because of a lot of other posts I have seen about blizzard.
I dont know what to do I have not played in a couple weeks it sucks.

Hey there Ziggypig,

My apologies for not seeing this thread sooner. I wanted to add what I could though since frankly, that sounds like an odd error that’s being encountered. I tried to find information on what’s going on and found little for this one. The idea of what it’s saying makes me think it may be a Windows Host file problem. Checking and resetting it may be needed with information on how to do that found here.

The other idea is possibly an ISP or network problem occurring. Trying an alternative connection or hotspot/tether would be a good way to test this.

Let us know if either of those ideas help. Cheers!

I recently had an issue where I could not join games and when I created games there would be a red message saying due to my network configuration I would be redirected to a proxy server. No one could join my games either.

Long story short what fixed it was removing another program I was using for a long time. It was an app which would search for driver updates for my PC and I guess an update to the app triggered the issue. I uninstalled the app and all its components and SC started working again for me.

Try looking into this and see if it fixes your issue.

Ok so I checked the hosts file and nothing was changed or different in anyway.

I then set up a mobile hotspot from my phone but I ran into the same problems on that network creating games I get the message in red about network configuration and routing me via a proxy, cant join games and ranked just counts to 0 and starts search again.
So if its not a networking problem what else could it be?

Ziggy it’s very likely that we have exactly the same issue. Is your internet provider Spectrum by any chance? I had checked the host file before posting here. This is all too weird. It’s either blizzard server somehow blocking me (which shouldn’t happen since I’m able to connect to SC:R Battlenet) or it’s the internet provider. I read some articles of blizzard users having issues so I’d like to know if we share the same internet provider. In my desktop PC I cannot join games and on my laptop the game crashes and won’t start. I’m really sad about all this. :frowning:

Xfinity is my isp.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???
Ive re installed like four times also. I really cant figure this out.

Yes This is what I tried:

• Reinstalling (in a different drive just to be sure)
  • Disable windows firewall, disable windows security
  • Close all other software
  • Revise the router settings
  • Change the DNS server
  • Remove all my existing maps (because game wont download maps , then returns Unable To Join)
  • Repair the game
  • Make sure I have latest update, GPU drivers.
  • Try enabling “prefer port 6112” in the settings
  • Forwarding ports in router.

One thing we have in common Ziggy is that we both are Unable to join ranked games and Ladder. In my case I feel the game cannot connect to download the map. It shows “Downloading… 0 KB Remaining” then it is followed by a “unable to join” . I also have the Red text about the proxy. I suspect that if the problem is not the ISP then it’s blizzard servers / proxy denying the connection to set up the matches or to allow me check/download the maps.

Yeah I did all this also. no luck so far.