Cannot host games without getting disconnected

I can join and play games just fine, however if I host a game, everyone will drop within 15 seconds and it will say that I was disconnected. I’m playing over wifi, and only my main PC is affected. I can do everything just fine on my laptop, on the same network, also on wifi. I have no idea what is going on with this issue. I’m using an xfinity router and there is no choice between bands, you just connect.

Howdy!

If a different device on the same Wi-Fi network has no issues the source is likely the PC’s connection strength to the router. Given you start the game it doesn’t appear to be a block. I recommend the following troubleshooting:

1. Shut down the PC. Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to all devices on the network and to the Internet Service Provider. Steps on how to do this can be found Here. Once the network is back online, turn back on the PC and retest.

If the issue continues, the next step would be either trying a wired Ethernet connection to help narrow down the source or contact the Internet Service Provider to review the connection and troubleshoot the Wi-Fi itself.

Thank you!

Ok, so some guy in game figured out what was wrong without me even asking. I was hosting the english version of desert strike night. He said it must be the korean version. Now it works just fine. That is really weird problem. Never thought the map was the issue.

My laptop was new so I guess all the compatible versions of maps on file were good. My main PC is older and I guess there are maps downloaded that just don’t work anymore.

You are welcome.
Is better to ask players cause customers support using copy-paste solutions

I was that guy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.