Cannot Connect to Server Error 6;9

Hey everyone,

Im on a mac and everything worked fine up until today. I have internet connection and I am logged into Bnet. When I go to launch SCR, it boots up but when i click on multiplayer, it says “Authenticating” for several minutes and then says “Unable to connect to server, error 6;9”

Any ideas how to fix this or what I can do? Thanks

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out with these details. The sudden inability to connect is usually caused by a network-related issue. Can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? This will help quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

If you can connect when using an alternate network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary network. Ultimately, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance diagnosing the issue. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings or temporarily replace the network devices in your home to narrow it down further.

I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

Let us know if you have any questions going forward. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.