Campaign frozen end of BW Level "The Insurgent"

NOTE ***** Slight BW Campaign spoilers! *****. Also, should I have posted this bug under the “campaign” area?

I have a ticket in with Blizzard support as follows:

In Starcraft Remastered (for Mac), I am playing Brood War Campaign level “The Insurgent” and the level will not complete. Kerrigan comes out and sinks her Lurkers in the ground and then the level simply stops. I can still interact with the menus, and the music continues but the game stops without completing the mission. please advise, thank you.

Blizzard answered by suggesting playing the campaign in a different manner. (eg using carriers or mind controls… which I did). I did play it again, and answered the Support as follows:

I replayed the scenario again tonight, and it got stuck in the same place. I cleared the map (every unit and every building) and then the final unit (Aldaris at the upper left). The Heroes talk a bit, then Kerrigan brings in two lurkers … they burrow and then the scenario just stops. They fail to kill or attack Aldaris. (I remember playing the game back in the 90’s so I know how it is supposed to work. ). I am enjoying replaying the campaign and would like to finish it but I cannot move on without this one ending. Please advise and thank you. *(The only other thing I can think of doing is to try and finish one of the three Aldaris clones in a different order.). Thank you for any help you can provide. - Matthew

I’m posting this here so that possibly anyone else with similar problems or solutions might be able to help me, or at least get confirmation from my post. Blizzard GMs said there were no such reports, but … perhaps others have experienced anything similar? I played though the full SC Regular full campaign without issue.

I am running the game on a 2015 Macbook Pro, which runs other games just fine (like WOW)

Cheers!
PS… I do think its great we can play a 30 year old game on modern computers and wish to compliment Blizzard for the work on SC Remastered.

UPDATE:_____________
I tried the mission a third time and it worked. I responded to my own ticket thus:

ok… so staying up late tonight, i tried the mission for the third time and went in a different order. I went upper right, then left upper. i DID NOT CLEAR the entire map. Indeed, after killing just two of the Aldaris phantoms, the second one did allow Kerrigan to finish. So, I guess clearing every unit on the map was what bugged it out? Anyway, I am carrying on to the next mission, so case closed. Thank you for your attention, and perhaps you could file this one as a bug for future work.

The GM had recommended I clear every unit on the map, but I think this is what had bugged it out. I usually try to clear everything, and as I had done that the first two times, but succeeded to Victory on the third time, I think that was what bugged it out.

I guess case closed, but its here for future reference.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for necroing, but I have the very same problem. As Blizzard is unwilling to solve it, there is another solution:

Type in-game chat (Enter):
there is no cow level

This is a cheat code which finishes the level. You will not see the final chat between characters though, so I advise watching YouTube for that scene.