An Honest Appreciation for the Developers

I’m going to be honest, we as a community tend to bash these developers a lot. The fact of the matter is that they could drop this game today and there would be little to no financial impact as a whole. These developers are doing their best with the small resources they have because they, like us, appreciate the game. I know people will whine and have conspiracy theories until the cows come home but I hope the developers know there are also people that really do appreciate their work and the fact that SC.RM is still being supported and kept alive. Seriously, thank you.

4 Likes

Yeah thanks for getting paid to do your job!

4 Likes

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

You should rename the title to say “for the developer” (singular), there’s probably only Grant left on this project.

There’s no question that developers do their job, good people, and all the stuff but the state of the game now 3 years after launch is not acceptable. If we don’t bash and speak out nothing will ever change, at least let’s give it a shot, and maybe Blizzard will notice our hate and disappointment.

Adding 2v2 ladder now takes probably more than entire Starcraft: BW development took before 1998 release.

Agree to a certain extend, but…
Many people already have realized this, and try atleast to critise the state of the game itself connected with the company itself, not the developers itself, though they themselves are a part of Blizzard itself.

Said that, we of course dont know what goes on behind the curtains, but if you see the developers as the people that release new patches,etc.
Than they also have made big questionable decisions, beginning with test patches, that make the game unplayable and false promises connected with no talk with the community.
And Quarter year surveys and patch notes are not enought, specially since this game support the Battlenet launcher, that blocks you installing the game, if your system isnt in the Big money poll, and gives you non stop advertisments about the newest updates of other games, while displaying no information about “YOUR” game, that "YOU " want to play …
NOT COD newest disaster stories-> How to show a story that makes you relate zero procent to the characters, specially if you have no idea what is even going on in the story even though you are at the end of the campaign, being, of course, not political, since a right wing conservative US military friendly view legitimating the exploitation of human rights and US-American imperialism combined with stereotyping of old movie cliches with the big highlights aaaa- moments to sell more copies, only to be forgotten seconds later in the story, is somehow not political …
And yes, thank you for your service.
Developers

2 Likes

I hope you’re being sarcastic. You know every job you’ve worked at that there are people who do the bare minimum to not get fired and there are people who go above and beyond. Most people going above and beyond don’t get the recognition or extra pay. The least we could do is thank the developers still working on this game we love.

No, the game is not perfect. No, it doesn’t have all the features we want. But the developers were handcuffed from the start and hardly have the resources needed to keep putting out new features we are all asking for.

1 Like

Map Editor lack features, should have an identical editor like WC3, can creating new kinds of unit, new skills etc.

Anyway, disappointed :disappointed_relieved:

Broski, you realize StarCraft is an older game and designed differently? It wasn’t built for much customization and expandability from the start, like WC3 was.

Still, you can do a lot of things in the editor, download the SCMDraft editor. You realize that DoTA (and so, all the MOBAs) came from a StarCraft map?

no new unit/race/skill/upgrade/effect creatable, just place bunch of units from less than 50 kinds with few terrain options, and also limit to 256x256 maximum, limit to at most 8 players including computer while WCR now supports 24 players.

Okay, anyone, tried SC custom map design before, it was disappointed tho.

Will go to WC3R for fun :v:

You can use the hero units as custom units. Edit their stats, use triggers if you want something more elaborate, like upgrading normal units to those custom ones.

Yeah but you cant rename them individually.
Once you edit terran marines, they are all edited except raynor.

I think there are bigger fish to fry. SCMDraft2 has plenty of options.
I think the map editor has many extensions with EUD these days that custom stuff is possible.

The problem is the company.

Blizzard is decadent.

Yeah, the devs usually don’t take those decisions, those are corporative issues, as a software engineer I know it can be very frustrating to see all your work become useless because it is no longer profitable for the company you are working for, thus left abandoned.

1 Like

It’s hard to believe there is an actual developer using even 5% of his time working on this game. Updates are released, yes, but these appear to be no more than untested recompiles to accomodate whatever libraries this “project” is leaning on.

In addition to whatever bugs and errors that are being introduced with each new “update”, many core functionalities of the game are still bugged or not working, with dead games clogging up the battle.net interface for months and months, the whois and f a commands only working with people you have shared a lobby with in the current session, not to mention features like team matchmaking that have been pushed back year after year.

I have no doubt there exists a few people within this organization that want to do good work, but if any of these are occupied with the SC-R project I do not know.

Viewed from the outside it’s hard to understand what levels of incompetence and neglect must exist throughout “Activision Blizzard” to result in an outcome such as this. Free financial advice: don’t buy their stocks.

1 Like

Because there are 4 People anymore on the classic team having to take care about 6 games simultan.

1 Like