After being banned, I cannot play SC remastered in HD

Hello,

I play with infinite resources since the first time I ever bought StarCraft. I don’t enjoy the resource gathering part, only the fight and building the strongest ever base. This entertains me in Starcraft. So yea, I’m always cheating in single player.

I understand you cannot code so you can proof your games against cheating. I never play multiplayer so I’m not interested in any multiplayer games. This ban isn’t of any concern for me. Since I own the game, I play it as I wish.

The problem is that since my account got banned, I have only the graphics of 1998 and the HD option became grey. Care to explain ? I have paid for the remastered version.

What should I do to run the game in Remastered version ? If I cannot run it HD because of the ban, I will ask for a full refund.

Thank you.

LE: I just noticed that it logged me out and now it says to buy the Remastered version ?!?!? Really ??? Would you like me to buy the game again so you could ban me again for using Cheat Engine in single player ? :)))))))))

(it says when trying to login : “failed to make initial server connection Error 2:2”) … and then it just dies cutely :)))))) GJ guys. It took you 20 years to destroy this title too, just like you did with Warcraft 3.

1 Like

Hey Taiji,

Cheating isn’t allowed no matter if you play singleplayer or multiplayer. (With the exception of the built-in Blizzard cheat codes.)

When someone is banned, they lose their priveleges to play the Remastered content.

As part of the penalty, bans make purchases ineligible for refunds.

Thank you Leviathan for your message.

I don’t want to have the ban lifted. I don’t care at all about the multiplayer mode. I bought Starcraft as a single player game back in the days. I bought the upgrade to HD remastered only to have better graphics for my modern computers and BLizzard disabled the HD graphics.

I understand disabling the multiplayer mode and I cannot care less about it. Give me 10x bans.
But to delete my purchase is actually stealing my money without giving me the product I have paid for.

As for cheating in single player, my game, my rules.

1 Like

This is a common misconception.

When purchasing a Bliz game, you are only purchasing a license to play it, not purchasing the game itself. It’s still Bliz’s game and Bliz’s rules.

Therefore, no matter how you cheat, it’s against Bliz’s rules, and they will action those that are caught.

Thank you again for your answer.

The part that is unclear for me is why I can still play the game without the HD graphics ?
Anyway, I have paid for the game so I don’t feel guilty at all playing the offline version, with full HD graphics.

Fortunately the offline mode is just fine, so I consider this matter closed, since I don’t need the crappy multiplayer mode that isn’t played by anyone anyway.

LE: from now on, I’ll only play Starcraft 2 offline also, because of the same reason :)))) At least I won’t get a ban there too for using Cheat Engine to add some crystals :))) Yea, I don’t want to use the cheat codes already present in the game. I love to cheat the old way, creating my own cheating tables and stuff. It’s part of the game and part of MY rules :slight_smile:

Again thank you very much. GL & HF !!!

Just to answer your questions.

The SD mode is free to play both offline and online. Because SD can be played offline indefinitely, it’s likely very difficult to stop people from playing it.

The HD mode requires the player to periodically log in to continue using it. If the player doesn’t log in, after a short while the HD mode will lock out. So it’s not possible to use the HD mode offline forever.

Actually it is. You just download the full game archive from torrents and play the game in HD. I’m not interested in doing so, since I have paid for this product.

I own a license and Blizzard should provide the product I have paid for. I have the serial number of this license. Are we living in the Wild West and this company can do whatever it wants with its customers ?

Anyway, I decided to abandon all of their games. This was the last time I gave them money.

Of course not. You forfeited that license when you violated the EULA by cheating.

I’m only speaking about legitimate ownership, not piracy. Additionally, advertising pirating a game on the company’s forum is not a wise idea.

Which is your prerogative. But you won’t need to worry about these things if you don’t break rules.

Hey there,

The technical support forum is not the place to appeal a ban or request a refund. Keep in mind that a banned account is not eligible for a refund. If you’d like to appeal an action you can do it here.

Locking this thread.