ADD NEW CONSOLE SKINS ALREADY! How long does it take?!

And again I am here to put a demand for the new console skins that have been robbed from us without any twinge of conscience. Yes, I am speaking about Silver and Gold Orchestra skins that have not been announced for non-Korean community when they were released in 2019. I am not asking Blizzard to make new content — it is practically hopeless. But at least put to sale what has already been done, only this time for everyone and not for one particular Korean community. Give. Us. Silver and Gold. Orchestra. Skins. Blizzard!

7 Likes

Agreed.
Add all skins or make it possible so we can buy it PLEASE !!!

3 Likes

I don’t know why would Blizzard create these Starcraft forums if they don’t about what community is concerned about. No really, how else should one get in touch with Blizzard representative? How in the world could players share their view on what is wrong with the game and be heard if company completely ignores game’s playerbase? Is it like one-in-a-year occasion when someone from Blizzard stumble upon Starcraft:Remastered forums or what? It is such a disgrace for a Blizzard to fall that low.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support

2 Likes

You can purchase Activition Blizzard stocks or talk with Bobby Kotick, just remember that the company just let go of a lot of people specially in Europe while he is glad and not ashamed to say he earned 200 millon dollars on his own, so my bet is that he really is “not a gamer”, he probably doesnt even know that humans have basic needs like feeding themselves or having BWAPI.

1 Like

I wish we could get an option to purchase the pre-order skins. I missed out because I was becoming a first time father. I wish I had a chance to obtain them now.

2 Likes

Honestly would love to see anyone from Blizzard on the Blizzard SC:R forums, not just players but also members of the company engaging in dialogue.

3 Likes

If you are interest in the preskiins for nexus,CC hatchery lair hive…
You can go to korrea or buy the full version online in a korrean shop. THey still have the preorder game there. But it is costs a bit.

THese were only combined with the Blizzcoin ticket thing… And other stuff …
I think they just dont care… I mean specially kind of strange, but probally a one time policy like…
Yes, we are serious you either preorder Warcraft reforged or you missed the chance.
Tecnically they didnt robbed you since all that stuff is in the game anyone that has downloaded the latest patch has it. Only problem you cant access it…

The problem is that it’s unknown if there’s been anyone developing SCR since around October of last year. Around that time, Blizzard dissovled their “Team 1”, which contained the Classics Team. Meaning, the SCR and WC3R teams, as they existed at the time, were lost. For example, Grant Davies completely left Blizzard late last year.

Unfortunately, there’s been no word from Bliz’s about their plan for SCR going forward. It could be anywhere from assigning a new team to take over to and end to all development.

So, it it’s possible that there isn’t anyone from SCR to post here/engage the community at the moment.

Thanks for the insight. Wouldn’t even assume things have gone that bad. So, all we’ve got is hope, I suppose. Don’t you think it looks kinda disgusting Bliz make all those remastered/reforged/resurrected titles over the classic games just to get cash and then throw them into oblivion?

D2R is being developed by the main Diablo team, so it’s good to go. And just recently, there was a Bliz post stating WC3R is still being developed, just slower than they had planned.

So, it’s just SCR that I haven’t heard anything about.

If you don’t have it, make it :wink:

https://imgur.com/a/KAsI7Md

I just want them to make more unit skins. All we have excluding Carbot is the three main base buildings. I was hoping for more to be released… for example, one that makes ultralisks resemble the SC2 strain

1 Like

Blizzard left a lot of money on the table by not releasing unit and building skins for both Starcraft: Remastered and Warcraft 3: Reforged.

Many of us would have gladly bought them.

Yea, it’s kind of exacerbated by the fact that the main base building skins look kind of tacky without the other buildings sharing its theme

I think there is still a team looking into updates for SC:R as they did an update with the map pool by changing Polypoid to its latest version which is 1.65 in the Season 9 folder about 2 days ago. So the question really is if Blizz believes releasing the alternative skins will sell or not. Only way to find out is for them to at least give it a shot. I would buy it.

SC:R is the main game I’ve been playing lately for more than a year, so it is a no-brainer to me, I would buy any cosmetic visual content. Those Korean commentators purchase option (4 out of 4 are all Koreans) perfectly shows if Bliz ever cared about the community outside Korea.

It has always been my stance that everything that has been made should be available for purchase at some point. I’ve seen multiple “exclusive” items in SC2 and Hearthstone that state you had to buy time limited bundle x to get it, then throw in a disclaimer of “or when otherwise available for purchase.” That kills any idea of there being no intention to monetize it in the future. It’s worse in SC2, where they show skins that were available, make you want them and offer no way to purchase.

At a minimum all “exclusive” skins, portraits, emoticons, etc. should be available for purchase a few times per year. The company will get more money from sales they would have otherwise not made and make the paying customer happy.

This from someone that owns the SC1 announcers, most of the SC2 announcers and several SC2 skins. I buy this stuff. Don’t you want my money? In the last 6 months or so since I’ve started playing these games again I sure get the impression that the idea is to extract every dollar possible out of every player possible. That being the case, sell me things you’ve already invested time and money into making to increase your ROI.

2 Likes

As Leviathan has said, apparently there is no one out here who could have heard our outcry. Forums are dead. And not from the player’s side but from the Blizzard employees’.

Funny thing is after I switched my Bnet Launcher to Korean language, and dug the news in the Launcher, I’ve found an announcement dated 29 July 2019 about Korean Starcraft Concert ticket sales with premium skins, and it is said:
“스타크래프트 라이브 콘서트 티켓을 구매하신 모든 분들에게는 멋진 콘솔 스킨이 전달될 예정입니다!
실버 스킨 은 티켓을 구매하신 모든 분들에게 증정되며, S,R,VIP 석을 구매하신 분들은 추가로 골드 스킨을 받으실 수 있습니다.
스타크래프트 라이브 콘서트와 신규 스킨에 많은 기대 부탁드립니다!
*이번에 제작된 스킨은 스타크래프트 콘서트의 축하를 위해 개발팀이 특별히 제작해준 스킨이며, 추후 판매 예정입니다. 판매 일정은 차후에 공개하겠습니다.”

Which translates to:
“Anyone who purchases a StarCraft Live Concert ticket will receive a fabulous console skin!
The silver skin will be given to all who purchased the ticket, and those who purchased S,R,VIP seats can receive an additional gold skin.
We look forward to the StarCraft Live Concert and the new skins!
*The skins created this time are specially created by the development team to celebrate the StarCraft concert, and will be sold later. The sales schedule will be disclosed later.”

Here is the tickets selling page, mentioned in that announcement: tickets dot interpark dot com/goods/19010836

It is said, that they will be sold later, and one and a half years later not a single F is given.

1 Like

They promised a lot of things and the so called consoles could be sold just like the voices of the legends / stacraft preorder version in korrea. So techniclly they could be not lying lol… Like in other annoucments …Either way they love to promise the sky directly or between lines, only to give you the void.