About "original gameplay."

I’m pretty sure we had automining in the original.
Maybe I’m remembering this incorrectly, but I spent a lot of hours on SC1. I’m gonna say it since I don’t see many others saying it.
The edits are cuz I was blowing up about this when I 1st said it, lol. “BWAAAAH WHERES AUTOMINING? HERESY! UR ALL FOOLS!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”
Although most of that rage came from the smugness of people saying, “Nu uh, we never had auto mining” in a previous post I was reading. Gosh that forum post was horrid… “Lol~. Are you like… An IDIOT? It seperates the good players from the IDIOTS who can’t play. LOOOOOL!” It was terrible.
Anyway, yeh.
Automining pleez? I’d like to set a rally point and have guys do things.
At least an option I can toggle on and off in single player? I’ll happily take that with no complaints.

There’s never been automining in SC and blizzard won’t make balance changes to the game. You can add it yourself in an earlier version of the game but it won’t be compatible with remastered.

9 Likes

Use the CoachAI - autoMine feature:

cutt.ly/CoachAI

Documentation is here:
https://github.com/captain-majid/CoachAI

2 Likes

Automining was introduced in Starcraft 64 for the Nintendo 64 console to compensate for the fact that you had to attempt to play without a mouse and keyboard. It was never part of the PC Starcraft game and automining didn’t make it to PC Blizzard games until Warcraft III.

5 Likes

it was also a feature of Oblivion Maphack. To me this says that you used to hack the old game version quite often to the point that you thought it was a feature.

That’s just a bold assumption.

Ugh, you’re reminding me of one of those guys from the previous forum I used… No, didn’t maphack. Just remembered it wrong I guess?
Anyway, point is, they could just do a singleplayer patch for, “Yah, here’s some quality of life for SC1, enjoy.” It’d be single player so who cares what people do alone.

There has NEVER been automining in SC1 on the PC (without mods)

StarCraft 64 had automining, SC1 did not.

-Someone who’s played SC64 since Y2K and SC-PC since 2003

1 Like

What the hell is your problem ?
So they people dont agree with you get over it …
I dont see a problem with no automining …
IF you are to slow just practise and use all keyboards hotkeys… Remember F2-F4 …
Lol, If you have a health problem or whatever and just are not able to do it while doing whatever i am sorry …
IF not just fucccccccking put your rallypoint on a place where you see the worker immediatly and can just click on them and send them to the minerals,gas …No big magic… I mean come on you just must send them one time and they mine …
There is even a one arm guy who plays starcraft realative fast …
Just use hotkeys …
Controll group your NEXus, hatchery , Command center … two times on the number you are there … no magic…
I mean you can go to menu and hotkeys, or keyboard key or something like that is the name and there it says all the hotkeys you have (when you are in middle of a game fighting … ) is it so difficult to just open the fucccccccccccking menu and look at the key you ccan use?
I mean todays people including me play games and are just to fucfffffffffffking lazy to open the menu and look at the possibilites …

1 Like

@Leonix CoachAI works only for 1.16, not SCR.
@SkyTechRTS CoachAI can do autoMine but its not a mod or hack, just an AI.

ok thx for the reply …

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s not standard in the game, just like BWAI type stuff is an addon.

Sorry, but no changes. Even minor. Today you ask for rally point, tomorrow start to whine “Why I can’t F2 + A so I can send all my units”, after we start seeing flying tanks lol. Go play SC2 or get over it and start enjoying the game.

3 Likes

No, that’s not how that works Cogna…
I asked for auto mine. YOU are the one who tried to strawman me, make it look like more than it was, and have now been caught strawmanning…
Blizz is weird about notifying me about replies btw, I only just today saw some of these replies.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy that pit in your stomach you’re feeling right now. It’s shame… Savor it.

Ahaha had a good laugh. I’m playing and enjoying this game still. I know online isn’t good but that doesn’t limit me from enjoying the ladder.