Z and P is easy race - break down with stats

Statistically, it is fairly obvious that a sample size of 100 does not make good data.

So, yeah, while it’s the trend I observed personally and that I got information about; if I extrapolate the implication from that data; I get something that is hilariously distant from reality.

So it holds no water, because even though I’ve personally interacted with a hundred people who found playing SC2 hard, and something like 50 of them picked Terran to ladder with; that’s statistically irrelevant and could just as easily be explained with something like “Twenty of them played Age of Empires and Terran works like Age of Empires does”.

Which feeds back into the earlier stated familiarity, because most RTS have a faction that works, approximately, like Terran or AoE does. It’s just one of the intuitive ways for building things to work.

But that should not cause a dramatic effect as players learn to play the game. The effect should vanish as players play the game for more hours, as the player’s need for intuitiveness will decrease as they become familiar with the RTS systems overall; and the effect should also be diminished as players become more familiar with the specific race or “how long have you played that game”, both of which are something that 12402 has pointed out are true.