Would anyone be interested in an Alarak Prestige guide?

Just wrote up a draft for one, since Alarak is a pretty unpopular commander, based on polling done some time ago. Almost everyone’s unhappy with the grinding needed for prestiges, so I thought that writing up some guides for the commanders that I main would be helpful to some.

Note: This is mostly to help people understand the prestiges, how they work and interact with the grind, and the most effect ways to grind with the “I’m not level 15” gimp.

6 Likes

Yeah, a guide is always nice. Go for it man.

I’ll wait for a few more responses to gauge how the others will feel. Hopefully they’ll be as receptive as you!

I find it interesting to see insights from people who know commanders better, I’d be down to reading it too.

Alarak is unpopular mostly for people who like when game plays itself without their active participation, so their oppinion is not very relevant anyways. Go on with this thing, I think it would be interesting to read.

+1 for an Alarak prestige guide

Currently, Alarak’s 1st prestige has a critical bug. You can increase attack speed of units by un-summoning supplicants. In this way, you can easily get crazily strong army.

As Alarak’s weakest point is a mobility, 2nd prestige sucks and 3rd prestige is good. If the bug will be fixed, then 3rd prestige will be a no-brainer. Though I wonder how many people will unlock 3rd prestige.

No, Alarak is not popular because his main selling point - ascendants - require long map like mist opportunities to reach its full power, mineral starved, and while in campaign death fleet is always mentioned and advertised, he is ground only commander. Also, a bit of personal - they removed amazing lighting effect from they orbs because of performance, and damn that removed part of satisfaction of casting them. :slight_smile:
Just to clarify, I like him, bought day 1, and don’t think he is weak or anything.

Short maps are getting boring fast very soon so it’s unrelevant to me. Even on Void thrashing ascendants are pretty ok, hard to imagine more fast map. Some people don’t like some sided of Alarak but the truth is the most OP and easy commanders are favorite, Alarak is just not one of them.

The guide is now up.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/my-vengeance-has-come-an-alarak-prestige-guide/14393

Go for it! No reason not to put one out if you can do it.