Workaround for the trolls bringing down arcade

Hey, thank you, I appreciate it, if any further information is needed, just ask.

They are compromising systems.

I lost over 40 pages of documentation in Google Docs and an entire spreadsheet for work due to being forced to pull the plug.

This person is a criminal offender and must be prosecuted.

Our only concern right now is our safety. Most of us don’t know how exactly this exploit works - is it dangerous ? Some people claim it only affects arcade lobbies while other functions of the game remain intact. However some believe their attacks have potential to infect our computers with some malicious software. Therefore i for example decided not to launch SC2 for the time being until the game is patched and the problem is resolved by Blizzard.

I only hope they’re going after the culprits themselves. Not only do i want them gone from the community, but who knows how many other gaming communities they’re terrorizing?

Dont tell me, tell Talv. As someone who seems to understand the exploit and networking and Windows better than most around here, I’d assume they’d like to know the details of your situation. Maybe they overlooked something.

Or what other illegal activities they engage in, such as identity theft. Having been in prison (for selling drugs), all the offenders in prison for identify theft and other digital crimes always bragged to each during meals how they destroyed and infiltrated online games.

Why is Blizzard taking so long to implement a fix?
This custom lobby freezing has been happening 4 days ago.

Not sure what the exact fix is but Blizzard can block external websites/image from loading in lobby.
Note which accounts are creating games with exploited maps. Ban these accounts/cd keys from logging into battle.net

The fix is to send the sheriffs straight his home and have him arrested and charged for cyber crimes.

free to play account… easy peasy.

Hey man, nobody is blaming you, since you haven’t done anything unreasonable.

-You cannot be blamed for having a banlist on your games, because Dimentio did the exact same thing with his version. That’s hypocrisy in it’s purest form.

-You banned them for lagswitching, which either causes people to leave or puts them at a disadvantage. This is a rational penalty.

-You’re not the one ruining Starcraft 2 as a whole for thousands of people who have no involvement in this drama, nor are you acting childish by any means.

-Parasite has been around for over a decade. The original version had 4 classes, no role assignments, and required everyone to eat food once in a while (you could tell somebody was eating because their character had a vespene barrel on their head). Dimentio’s Parasite is a version that is more sophisticated. Sure, he could have added original ideas (roles, weapons, etc), but the concept as a whole was not his idea. The claim that “parasite belongs to Dimentio” are both juvenile and dishonest.

1 Like

So in the end i was right. It is possible to hack your computer with this exploit. There is an explanation on gist.github how it works and how it can be turned into Remote Code Execution:

• vulnerability in WebDav client
  • vulnerability in how SC2 handles resources from remote device

Both are highly unlikely but the risk still exists. Now apologize for your stupidity.

That I don’t know. I suspect it’s likely a factor of both the game being out development and the changes needed to fix it without damaging/restricting other functionalities in the process.

I wouldn’t be suprised if it took longer than it would if the game was still actively developed. The teams who developed SC2 (and knew the code intimately) are gone, so its likely that less familiar personnel would be the ones to work on it.

Love your name btw. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

all i know is so long as arcade is down im not playing the game ill just go play other games till its fixed. i only play arcade because match making is unbalanced imoa and not intrested in getting my teeth kicked in by toss dt rushes. and coop is locked behind pay wall i already bought it all on old account that i lost to authenticator lock out not buying again. the gm that handled my case last was lula or luna or something like that ,wanted 30 things to verify my account hoping i would not bother, when a simple email verification would be good enough. and id be more worried about loosing an email then my login info for blizzard games.

1 Like

To be honest i dont understand what so hard for blizzard to remove the troubled maps from the arcade list as soon it is reported. They can literally trace at what time those maps are hosted and from who. they should just make a seperate tab for new unconfirmed maps thus limiting A$$ ppl from hacking or trolling

its because blizzard is bobby they have always been bobby its bobby’s world he is forever the face of blizzard and all who work at blizzard they all might as well wear bobby masks for all i see when i look at them is bobby’s face. not even microsoft can save blizzard from the mark of bobby on their foreheads like a mark of the beast they wear his face for ever and ever they are cursed and doomed to look like bobby. its bobby’s world always has been.

It’s not only about removal of malicious maps. The entire vulnerability must be removed, otherwise this bug will keep being exploited over and over. User input must be sanitized so that when new map is added it will contain reference to valid internet domain and name and description of the map will not contain any harmful code.

Like Leviathan said current team does not have experience and knowledge as developers who made the game. We can only wait.

1 Like

doesnt this just mean we are stuck and its not getting fixed because current dev team doesn’t know how to fix it let alone even touch the game if it breaks in any way. gues this is what happens to a game that is abandond by the company that made it.

Still crashes on exit which is annoying as it goes to custom lobby anyway to avoid this?

People have been force-closing the game on the Victory/Defeat/Quit screen (the one just before leaving the game and going to the score/results screen).

It’s worth trying to always avoid the freeze. The exploit causing it is known to expose IP addresses, to whom isn’t known.

UPDATE:
See here.

Annoying I was already using task manger on anther screen to do this was hoping for a way to avoid this step.