Why not add some new maps to Co-op as well?

Thanks for the new maps this patch. Looking forward to playing them. However I’ve also been grinding co-op. Still prestiging Zag and Jimmy. Some new maps would really help out the co-op community.

It’s just getting boring playing the same maps over and over. And insta leaving maps like Cradle, Donny and so on. You guys actually added new commanders way longer than you added new maps.

I found that surprising. Might even be more commanders than maps by now, it has to be close. Back in the glory days of co-op it used to be that a new commander meant a new map coming with it. Seriously, co-op really needs at least 1 or 2 new maps to refresh the community. A lot of people stopped playing or only play the mutation once a week now and that’s if it’s a good one, I myself and many others are skipping this week it’s just not fun.

Again Glasstoss,

As has been pointed out already:

If you need an explanation of the support forums’ purpose, I be glad to summarize them so you can post in the right places.

Edit: Post has been moved to the correct forum.

Can someone elaborate on this? I’m not finding anything recent on this (although my internet-fu has always been lackluster)

Obligatory “no new content announcement back in Oct. 2020”.

That out of the way, I figured they added more COs because they charge for them, hence making them money. I have no way to substantiate such claims, but I figured they also wanted to have the same number of COs across all 3 races. Missions have always been free. AFAIK, missions also took a lot of work to do. Even the user contest winners still required the team to make changes to to make suitable for the mode.

I always find it interesting when people say they’re sick of playing the same maps/COs over and over.

Chess and many traditional sports like table tennis have not changed over the years, yet people still find ways to have fun. How? They make their own challenges with what they’re given.

FWIW, I stopped playing Chess. I have a few digital implementations of board games I have on my phone/tablet that I fire up from time to time (e.g. Race for the Galaxy, and Dominion got released back in Feb. and prior depending on if you’re iOS or not).

As for Coop, I can legit see people getting bored because they were never interested in playing it in any in-depth level.

Me, because it’s OL MP, there’s still some new things that come up every now and then since you play with one other player (all other video games of mine are single player). The combination of COs, their prestiges, mastery points, the allies you get, their prestiges and masteries, and play styles, is a large number. Then you got what mission you’re on, and enemy comp. Mutations are only weekly, but I now play on Brutal+ for my most proficient COs. Some of them as just awful (e.g. Kerrigan vs. Diffusion), but you just either play another game, or chat and see if they’d like to Retry with different picks, but the level, comp, and mutators still the same.

I fire up about 10 games per week. It’s nice not having to be “shackled” by XP (I’m maxed out), but I still enjoy the mode, Before, I had a fun challenge that took me 8 months to complete… my “tour de prestige” where I did each mission, at least once, with each CO’s prestige.

1 Like

Why’d you buy, or why do you play SC2 then? Go back to SC1 maybe? Even better, why not design your own SC2 themed chess game and pieces and try selling that to Blizzard? Or make a SC2 table tennis game for Nintendo Wii?

He enjoys Sc2’s Coop mode, so that part in your post is moot anyways? Also worth noting is TwoTuuu participates in a lot of general and strategy discussions of the game mode. He also posts a lot of replays on YouTube (Mutations, some specific topics like rapid fire key binding, solo runs, etc.)

AFAIK, he brought up Chess as an illustrative example. There wasn’t anything about tying in Sc2 themes into those games

i love sc2 coop mode and i don’t get sick of it because i make my own goals and challenges. i don’t complain about not having new commanders or no new content. of course i would be happy if there were new things, but i don’t complain that there hasn’t been anything new for a while.

i might get cut back on playing this game when i get to the top of the highest level of play, but i’m still far from there, so until then, i continue to challenge myself

FWIW, some coop maps are bugged or otherwise not working as they should/in an ideal way.
BUT these days, maybe it’s because I play a little more than when I was "1 day 1 game never more"ing, but sometimes I feel there are small differences with “before”.
It could just be me getting old and having bad memory, but if some things are getting tweaked, over time it could allow a reopening of stuff.
But since patch notes don’t even cover any change in coop, it’s too soon to make requests I think.

After re-reading this thread I’m not sure why I replied this way. I suppose I meant to address the people you’re talking about in your post, or I got the idea somehow that you were suggesting people stop looking for newer games/experiences that are expansions of something original like chess or table tennis. I agree, anything can have replay value if you make your own challenge out of it. Sorry for the confusion, I will S T F U now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.