Which date will Starcraft 2 Shut Down

Hi to all Blizzard staff and Activision Staffs. Since you do not care about the game anymore and Zero new Updates and DLC to purchase No New maps as well.

How about shutting down Starcraft 2 to focus your funding on your Beloved Franchise Call Of Money.?

We as Starcraft 2 Players felt somewhat betrayed and so on
You guys are the same as EA

Only cares about profits and not players anymore.

Push my Post to the top and like it and share if you guys agree.

17 Likes

You can be as frustrated as much as you want but they aren’t shutting it down though. Just thought I point it out.

You can stop playing and the effect will be the same as if they stop the servers.
It’s not pleasant that the developement has stopped and the patches will be small in size and numbers, but it’s the situation and you can’t change it.

I don’t feel betrayed, the game is 10 years old, it was expected that at some point the developement would stop. But I’m really surprised about the map thing, I’m sure we will hear something about that after Katowice.

1 Like

Unfortunatelly that seems how game’s industry is right now, at least as far as I can see to big companies, if there’s no big profit in working on starcraft, they’ll just go to something else.
Don’t think they’re going to shut down any time soon tho, same said for SC1.

If you ask me, starcraft 2 didn’t had much issues, this is indeed a 10 years old game, maybe even more if we add years of development before release, but Warcraft Reforged? Diablo Imortal? WoW in these recent years? The fans from those series are the ones that really got betrayed.

AoE2 just got a new expansion, the Industry is doing fine, Blizz is the problem.

They no longer know how to make games, and they never knew how to balance them.
Starcraft Brood War was a fluke, and their only balanced game ever.

4 Likes

This company is a husk of its former self, and all the passionate and talented people left the development team and company to go create new games.

What we’ve been left with is Activison’s Marketing Team which only cares about profit, and nothing else. It used to be that games were a labor of love, but they’ve been capitulated and commodified which decreased the quality, like everything else in this world.

As players we’re all just vultures picking at the long cleaned and desiccated corpse of this game on the dried out wasteland that is the gaming industry, and there’s no hope for relief, not even a drink of water to quench our thirst.

Inactiv-Lizard is definitely the type of company that wouldn’t give you a drink of water even if you were dying… unless you have enough money for another microtransaction.

3 Likes

Funny, I always thougth microsoft would buy blizzard eventually, they should, and put sc along with solitaire and minesweeper with every windows, plus giving us a big redesign patch and updates like aoe2.

The frustration comes they have in their hands one of the possibly best RTS ever made, but they did poor choices of design or balance and it turns into something quite average. It’s quite possible to changes few things to make it rebirth, but they doesn’t seem to be passionated enough to understand that.

It is not taht they lack passion, is taht Activision-Blizzard is solely proffit driven, and there is no money in redesigning a game that will not get bought again, because everyone that wanted to play it, already has it.

There is simply no more money to be made in Starcraft 2.

Sounds like your girlfriend threatening a breakup, to be honest.

Just don’t play it dude.

If you love RTS its hard to not want to play SC2 because of how well the units move and can be controlled. The frustration comes from blizzards complete ignorance of the game.

They have no idea how to balance it properly.
They have no idea how to make good maps.
They have do not listen to the community EVER until its far too late.

The result is players quitting because the people in charge simply don’t give a damn about the game anymore. RTS made blizzard what it was and they have turned their backs on the entire genre of games. Everyone who plays Warcraft and Starcraft since their releases have all the reasons in the world to be pissed off.

i’d say they balance it fairly decently, we’re still playing it aren’t we, sure there’s a bit of imbalance here and there but they do a pretty decent job there or else this game would SERIOUSLY be dead.

maps ? i mean… there have been plenty of good and bad maps, that just comes with the territory, not everything is the best, that’s why there are the best, and the worst…

now, listening to the community, you might have a point there, but it would be hard to listen to a community that is so divided. what would you do if you came to the forum and you see 5 different opinions going in all directions because each person feels their race is UP ? but for different reasons? it would be tough to listen to the community since we don’t have a unified voice.

I diseagree, they have listenned too much “the community”, specially the more whiny, instead of ignoring them.

Reworking the eco killed the game at the beginning of LOTV…

Zerg has to be cost efficient while the race is designed not to be…

And look TvP, the Protoss eco is broken compared to Terran, while Protoss have all the AOE, the units with a lot of HP. The joke is that Terran is supposed to slow the Protoss economy, but Protoss is the race that harass Terran in early game…

And the lategame, SC2 has the worst lategame ever. It’s just about building a deathball.

I don’t really think that’s what killed SC2 tho, every multiplayer game has a bone to pick for balance.

Though I do prefer the older eco, late-game actually taking a long time to get there.

I felt the same way as many Starcraft fans since the sad news several months ago, but I have accepted the fact and I don’t blame Blizzard any more. It is not a charity company. No profits, no game.

As a Starcraft fan, I can simply enjoy what is present, quit and play some other games, and then come back once in a while.

4 Likes

Let’s be honest here. Game companies cost money to run, and thus need to earn money to run. I am not loving the Idea, but it’s basic economics.

You don’t like it? Please start your own company and do it the way you want to play it. Devs like ConcernedApe get that, but in order to be a full time developer for one game, money has to be sent by the gamers.

Of course, the best would be to have a company who focuses on the player, while earning money, in stead of the other way around.

And for the love of God, (I don’t know how… prequel?) Make a SC 3 because damn I love this franchise.

Now back to my Brood War campaign.

1 Like

so you can be realistic about starting your own company to do it properly, but you think sc3 is going to be a thing… WAT.

How can I push it to the bottom and destroy it because I disagree so hard?

I wouldnt be surprised of Activision are sabotaging Blizz games like SC2 and the failure of reforging war3 just to popularize their games like Call of money, instead. But hear me out, whoever doesnt care about CoD and such will not start to care just cause you shut these games down!

1 Like

well with that logic then how do you explain how Wings Of Liberty campaign was so much more immersive BEFORE anyone paid for the game but then Heart Of The Swarm campaign was EXTREMELY lackluster despite it being created AFTER people had purchased the game and paid for micro transactions and such? Your logic doesn’t add up.

I get basic economics and all of that but Blizzard made millions off esports alone not even counting customer purchases so how the hell did they end going bankrupt at one point? Bottom line is it’s because they spit in the faces of their fans. The SC2 Blizzard Development Team and The SC1 Blizzard Development team are two things as different as night and day.