What Co-Op Maps Would You Like To See?

Well, my thought was reskins can happen but why ask for them as a priority?

@Cheeseburger, if you mean that you just want more missions, sure that’s great, but let’s keep up the variety. If you mean you would actually prefer tons of reskins over what we’ve got, I think you very badly need to reconsider.

You mean a map like DoN but where the defender would be Amon? You win by annihilating all his buildings… And why not have infested too, spawning everywhere and attacking us while we attack Amon’s Fortress.

Good idea. Like it. :grinning:

That would be interesting.

His Fortress would have to have layers to be interesting (so there can be multiple pushes)

Maybe like the supernova map combined with the Karax carrier map
Your bases are on mobile platforms.
The mobile platforms must slowly moving into Amons fortress area (otherwise they will be destroyed)

Void and a Hard Place

Actually LOVE this idea- say you have an Amon superfortress in the middle with commanders on opposite corners of the map (or together, but it would be interesting to have a coop map with allies split). All around the perimeter of the map, you have allied AI buildings. Amon’s superfortress is MASSIVELY defended- taking it on without significant firepower is a waste (give him rebuild AI similar to what you see on Mist Opportunities or Void Launch). Amon periodicially sends out attack waves that get stronger over time.

This would be really unique in several ways- at the beginning, you’d be forced to play defensive, as you lack the firepower to charge into Amon’s fortress. Ironically, defense is in some ways harder early on- while Amon’s forces are weaker early, you have more ground to defend, weakening the strengh of static defense. As Amon kills more buildings his focus gets more pointed, making defense stronger later on.

1 Like

1- intercept and destroy caravans missions
Void Launch and Oblivious Express are this, but… they have fixed routes. Miner Excavation is more flexible in that regard.
If it’s not against “Coop law”, then have it such that you actually need to scout for them (so you can’t use minimap), but then to compesate, make them slower and easier to kill

2- The FMV cutscene in WoL where Raynor rescues Warfield’s forces
You need to rush to that site where they’re holed up and defend ASAP, and fortify it. One challenge of such a mission it to work out the supply and logistics of having your buildings at home base, while the place you’re defending is at another location.

3- A mission that forces you to have detection
An object/event be triggered when BOTH player’s detections in play. So for example, it’s not enough for Raynor to scan it. When Raynor scans it, Swann either needs to have his own Missile Turret there, or a Sci-Vess. For the thing to show up.

As an anti-cheese measure (since many COs have a way to deal with cloaked/burrowed stuff without having actual detection), the event triggers once both detection is laid down, or the object becomes visible, but is indestructible, and either player needs to select that object and click on its command card (like the bonus in Malwarfare).

4- A mission where you have other types of “constant forces”
You always deal with Infested Terrans on DoN and ME. I’d like a map where you always fight T and P. And not just the typical unit compositions, but these could be tribal/mercenary, and have their own quirks. To support the usual “RNG compositions”, they have a deal to work with the forces of Amon.

If not that actual campaign mission from WoL, I like the idea of Rip-Field generators, but that also a type that goes through ALL shields, used as a means to prevent spawn camping.

1 Like

This Amon’s fortress idea could have 3 layers to push into his fortress from all sides. There could be these shield generators around his fortress that you would have to disable with a timer to do so you could push deeper into and there could be like 3 layers of this all with increasing difficulty till you reach the core so you can shut down amon’s super weapon in the middle of his fortress. All the while he could be sending reinforcements in from orbit to come attack your base every several minutes.

This would definitely be a unique idea… defend both your mineral area and an objective somewhere else.

End Game, Last mission from Nova Campaign.
can keep it mostly the same or since there are few Zerg maps. Switch it to something goofy like a Leviathan nursery that needs defending. Multiple points that need defending, Super Hybrid will randomly pick which one to go after every few minutes. Mission ends when you breach the base and defeat the hybrid at it’s recharge area.

(Ignored this) 20 char

What if instead of making new coop maps for the rotation we made another coop mode that uses the commanders but pits them into campaign eskque scenarios. This way if people don’t like them they can ignore that content and it also opens the door for 2, 3, 4, and hell maybe even 5 player mode. Rules could be adapted to be 1 base no expansion with enhanced resources and commanders could be customized for this mode with a reduction in supply. Imagine every commander having half supply so no Zagara, Stukov, Stetmann lag festing.

In Utter Darkness is a vision from a worst case scenario alternate universe, though. The commanders getting wiped out no matter what in the “real universe” doesn’t make sense. In either canon or non-canon, Amon can’t fully win.

I think it would be better if it proceeded exactly like In Utter Darkness but in the end you get evacuated by something like a giant Mothership.

You are correct. What I have in mind is a Protoss archive world, maybe Zhakul, that is under siege by Amon’s forces and is almost certain to fall. What you have to do is protect the Docking Bay while the scholars evacuate through the Warp Gate, as they have knowledge that can hasten the end to the war (or something to that effect). Once you’ve done that and held out for a couple of evacuation ships flying in from elsewhere (bonus objectives), you then have the option to hold out for as long as you like, fighting off endless enemy waves until you’re either wiped out or trigger the button to end the mission, after which your forces evacuate and the planet is cracked from orbit.

1 Like

I was a big fan of “Brothers in Arms”. I’d love to see something similar in Co-op.

That doesn’t sound like it’d be any less work than a new Coop mission, which has been the crux of the issue.