[web forums] SC2 Icon placeholder

a week ago I couldn’t log in to the forums, because of a website bug. I sent a ticket to Blizzard, then after I accepted the terms and conditions I’m able to contribute to these forums again. However, my SC2 avatar on the forums is a SC2 placeholder, instead of Alarak. I was told on the ticket, to tell you guys, so that the website guys can look into it. This isn’t a big deal, for me at least, so don’t feel rushed to fix it :slight_smile:

A bunch of people are having this problem, not just me, btw.

2 Likes

The forums are not upkeep by Activision’s in-house team if I recall. From what I remember, it’s outsourced.

And this has been a longstanding problem. Basically, the community has given up on expecting this to be fixed. IMO, you just have to live with it. It’s just a cosmetic issue only anyways. Though it’s still customer service heh.

Budgerboo, the Bug Report forums or the Support Site Feedback forums would be a better place to report this. Technical support forums are managed by the technical support team and we only assist with technical issues that can be resolved through troubleshooting.

hmm…OK thanks for the info.

Actually it has already been reported in the support site feedback (I added to it when you advised me to do so). :slight_smile:
So far, can’t say if it has been taken in account or not. It’s understandable that it’s a low priority issue though.

However, the mismatched portrait lists were fixed only a couple of days after I mentioned the bug in the 5.0.4 announcement thread ; but it was regarding the profiles websites, so it’s possible the team that posted the thread was also the one in charge of that particular issue.

Actually I had a forum issue (couldn’t log-in into any of the forums) fixed in about 4 days by opening a support ticket. It took three days of exchanges to explore the existent troubleshooting possibility and convince them it was a bug. And then one of the support agents concluded it was a greater issue, transmitted it to the adequate team… and 24H later it was fixed. :partying_face:

The fix was a purely forum one, and way quicker than I expected. That’s why I consider it wouldn’t be fair from me to open another ticket about the stalled avatars right now, as I’ve just benefited from their diligent help. But considering I could get to dialogue efficiently with the support team, I might be tempted to try again in a few months. :innocent:

If you haven’t closed your ticket yet, you could mention to them that the issue has already been reported, and partly explored in that topic (it’s the second bug, the first one has been solved). It may trigger a different answer from them, and if they decide to take upon themselves to transmit the issue to the adequate team, it means it may be fixed rather quickly.
Ah, so

too late, I’ve already closed my ticket.

…Blizzard should know about this issue then…we’ll have to wait until it gets fixed.

Thought so, but it doesn’t hurt to ask, does it ?

Blizzard is very large, and quite sectored, so the report is only valuable if it gets to the precise team in charge of the problem. However upon fixing my forum login issue, I thought both issues were linked, and presented both of them. So it’s not unlikely it got to the eyes of the persons who fixed that issue.
So yeah, for the moment, a bit of patience could indeed be the right choice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it appears, it got fixed. I just erased my cookies for battle.net and forums, viola! My avatar is back!

2 Likes

I would not call it a fix, but it indeed helps and adds more color to our lives.
Thank you!

1 Like

They fixed it indeed. It seems right now a log-out log-in is required to refresh the forum’s avatars (deleting cookies is about the same than login out).

It adds a bit more of color and thus pleasure to share on battlenet.
So I second that, and join my thanks to yours.

2 Likes