We need to whine

Last year Protoss were the true evil. They were considered OP against everything, the warp prism had to present itself in front of a loyal court, chrono was the best eco mechanic ever, bla bla bla. Sure there were some balance issues with the race, but those were addressed and Protoss strength was tune down.
Now it’s the time of Zerg. I’m ok with all the nerfs the last patch bringed to the race, they were needed; I sincerely hope to see a TvP final at Blizzcon 2020. But everyday is a new topic about how Zerg are OP, bla bla bla bla. Posts from people who clearly are not in the position of confidently talk about balance, because they got some macro mechanics, a single build order each for the three match ups, they reached diamond and now they think they can balance the game.
This continuous whining is really boring, it ruins the forum experience. I would like to see constructive topics about strategy, counters, problem solving, but it’s easy (too much easy) to lose a game and blame the balance.
This is a behavior typical of childs, and maybe I should start to accept this is a place for people who cannot grow.

Next incoming topic: ramp blocking with changelings is OP.

8 Likes

Last year Protoss were the true evil. They were considered OP against everything

Interesting position considering that Protoss has not been the leading race since July of 2015. Since then it’s claimed the spot of the lagging race for 98 / 116 periods.

http://aligulac.com/periods/
8 Likes

You might be interested in this:

Summary:

From aligulac:

On the period list you can see OP/UP fields, and in the infobox for each period, the same data is given as “leading” and “lagging” race. This is an indicator showing which races are most and least prominent near the top of the list. Specifically, for each race imagine a hypothetical player with a rating equal to the mean of the ratings of the top five players of that race, and imagine these three players playing very many games against each other. If the players were of equal strength, each of them would score about 50%, however, in reality, one of them may score, say, 10% more than that. The race that scores the most in this scenario is the “OP”, or “leading” race, and the race that scores the least is the “UP”, or “lagging” race.

This is provided as a way to analyse the metagame shifts near the top of the skill ladder, and should not be taken as actual evidence for real game imbalance.

98 / 116 doesn’t stand out enough for you? I guess it doesn’t support crying about TvZ so you can’t be bothered to think about it.

3 Likes

From Aligulac:

How you read this and take away that there is no meaning to the metric is beyond me.

How you read this and take away that there is no meaning to the metric is beyond me.

This is an indicator showing which races are most and least prominent near the top of the list.

The race that scores the most in this scenario is the “OP”, or “leading” race, and the race that scores the least is the “UP”, or “lagging” race.

That’s what it means. When you claim that the race that is behind the other two races 98/116 of the time is overpowered, you’re clearly missing something.

Now, please get back to complaining about how you didn’t win your ZvT’s fast enough.

2 Likes

“The trend in Manhattan is different than 99.99% of America, therefore the trend in America is wrong.”

aka

“There is no farmland in Manhattan, therefore there is no farmland in America.”

It is indeed somewhat frustrating, I agree with everything you said in the original post.

Anyways, if you give away another one of our secret changeling overpowered techniques maybe we’ll have to substitute you with a changeling… The overmind watches.

1 Like

Batz citing aligulac… nice.

Zerg is still very strong, and we still have zvz finals, haha.

Zerg deslike to fight Protoss?? Pff

1 Like

Fortunately, I’m a member of the Anti-Whine Patrolling Task Force of the Terran Domain :smiley:

2 Likes

Hope you then continued to reading my post and eventually understood what I was trying to tell.

By the way, in your topic I asked you the s.d. of those values and if the differences you observe are big enough to have an impact on the game; still waiting your answer.

If you understand the difference between balance whine and having a balance discussion you probably wouldn’t be called a whiner. (Not directed at OP)

We all have opinions, and nobody is obligated to agree with them. If you are reasonable about your opinion even people disagree they are more likely to respect it. You also can choose to walk away from a discussion a person doesn’t agree with you. That is allowed.

Be realistic with your opinion if you can. You can say because overlords are fast they are hard to kill. I might disagree but i will respect your opinion. If you say overlords travel at the speed of light and can’t be killed I don’t fault people thinking your opinion is a joke.

I have seen a lot of really over exaggerated and stupid opinions killing legitimate discussion. Those people should feel lucky people even respond at all.

Honestly when people say Broken/OP/unplayable I know they are just part of the balance whine parrot parade. I won’t take that serious because they are not taking it seriously

2 Likes

Weren’t you the one who said they’d trade ravagers for tanks the other day? Suddenly you have a problem with exxagarations?

I hardly think it’s fair nor honest to participate in an exaggerated whining contest, then a day later judge all the other perticipants from a top your high horse as if you’re better then them.

If you think these kind of comments ruin legitimate discussion why would you make them yourself?

Yeah that was in response to somebody saying they would trade for any Zerg unit because they were so “OP”. That is exactly my point. The over exaggeration of every Zerg unit being OP. Why would I give a serious response to that?

Whiny is the new sexy

2 Likes

You don’t have to respond at all. Just note that if you respond with your own nonsense don’t be surprised if people do not take you or your criticism so seriously. And i don’t mean this in a bad way.

Did protoss win any major tournaments last year? like any? pretty sure was like marus 100% winrate on GSL and serral winning everything else.