Vespene issues in co-op matches

Vespene is hindering co-op matches. Can’t build vespene related units fast enough, especially with Mengsk.

2 Likes

Steal your allys gaysers! You can also simultaneously attack his base, so maybe he dont even realize this.

1 Like

Some commanders are vespane gated, meaning that their power is locked behind how quickly they can get vespane. This is by design. If you build and saturate your gas right after you build the first depot, even right before then since its Mengsk, and you get a free depot full of workers, you’ll get enough gas for your whole army by about 12 - 15 minutes depending on your build, and how quickly you take your expansion.

1 Like

A reasonable way to get around this is having a Swann teammate.

1 Like

Having a Swann teammate is also nice.
As it was researched before by CtG and co., some maps also have “long distance” geysers, which require 4 workers to optimally harvest. The devs have been too lazy to correct these and streamline the maps.
Not all maps have this, just a handful.

2 Likes

The devs definitely wouldn’t take resource income into account when designing commanders. Definitely not.

2 Likes

We should get rid of those pesky Vespene-geysers.

1 Like

Or have a friend queue up as vora/zeratul/ nova and then have them quit and then u use them for gas

1 Like

If you get your second base in a timely fashion, Mengsk has enough gas. However, I would recommend not getting too many gas units early on with Mengsk. Unit XP gain is split evenly, so they will rank up much slower if you get several gas units at once. This is especially important for the Pride, since its rank 3 gives it incredible power and it has high XP requirements.
I think optimal play with Mengsk would be spending about 2/3 of your gas on army and the other 1/3 on ESOs. You can change the ratio to 1/3 army and 2/3 ESO depending on what mutation you’re facing. This is not easy to pull off though. Mengsk probably has the highest skill ceiling of any commander.

1 Like

Vespene cost for Mengsk’s royal guards should have been reduced by 20%, or his ressource cost mastery buffed in the latest patch. But the patch was rushed and therefore flawed.

5 Likes

Limited vespane forces specific compositions with each commander and is by design.

3 Likes

For a lot of commanders, gas is used as a technology and unit production gate; this is by design and force you to be smart with what you make.

By the way, you’re not supposed to mass Royal Guards because of the Veterancy mechanic. A few rank 3 Royal Guards > a lot of low rank/no rank Royal Guards, especially with the ones that rely on high rank to become powerful i.e. Pride of Augustgrad.

1 Like

Aye, I want to mass Thors

Or buff Swann Thors to double attack speed like Mengsk and PvP

1 Like

Do you have a link to this information?

It’d be good to know and spread.

I kind of wish he got a bonus to Royal Guard experience generation for the more supply he had in them so that Royal Guard rushing wouldn’t gimp leveling as much.

It might also balance the Mandate generation better.

Far geysers, via CtG:

Not a ton, about 12ish extra gas a minute per each farther one but it does add up.

3 Likes

This was what I was referring to. There was also a thread on it with a spreadsheet.

Here it is.