Ultimate Starcraft 2 Optimization Guide ((CPU))

Give the bullet point version, from start to finish.
Thanks.

[ / w w w . anger . o r g /optimize/intel_dispatch_patch.zIp ]( h t t p s : / / w w w .agner. o r g /optimize/intel_dispatch_patch.zip)

1: Download the link that he shows in the video I linked above on YouTube around 11 minutes.

2: Google visual studios 2017 and download that too.

3: Open the game followed by opening the patch. The green ā€œattachā€¦ā€ area click and locate the game instance in the menu.

4: Run intel_mkl_cpuid_patch.c. The game will crash as a result of being patched. Thatā€™s all there is to it.

It worked for StarCraft 2. Im wrestling with trying to get it to work in the witcher 3. For some reason despite being administrator windows 10 can be cute sometimes and I have to run the program with elevated permissions. If you have to do this with any application simply open a new project when it offers to reboot it under admin, and look for c#, then go to open file and find intel_mkl_cpuid_patch.c. From there go to ā€œdebugā€ and find ā€œattach to processā€. From there do the same thing and it will work.

1 Like

It alt tabs out faster too wow.

4 vs 4 with large armies on the map I saw a minimum of 70 fps. Its more consistent too and less valleyed so to speak. I guess as long as a work around exists, ryzen or older AMD users can run this game as the developer would have probably intended. But dont expect them to change it natively. It might be too much on the radar now, and that will eventually be ok.

Edit: For some reason the latest driver from nvidia im guessing is causing 90fps to be around the avg in fullscreen mode. Fullscreen windowed mode however is 110ish. The games age probably isnā€™t helping matters.

Driver 441.66. Windows 10 is retarded and despite me turning off the auto driver update crap, it continues to use this older driver.

I can also report substantial improvements in other applications like carnivores reborn with the LOD one tick from max with advanced grass 1080p SMAA raytracing injected is now playable. Before I had to scale back about 3 or 4 notches on the LOD slider. Thatā€™s super blatant optics there intel.

StarCraft 2 I tested all night, and its WAY faster on this ryzen. 100% confirmed. Eventually I might make a before and after video externally so you can see im not full of it. It was effecting my muscle memory literally by being more consistent. Ive never seen the game this smooth before. It was historically a stutterfest. Ryzen is really showing how powerful it is, and ive tested many binned intel higher end CPUs with this game to know how it compares.

Intel will eventually have to fix this as its finally coming out of that closet and that means we may see StarCraft 2s code be leveraged more intelligently without the complicated fiscally based politics as its now open season for discussion.

Great job Lucifer. This is exactly what I was looking for. Even running at 4.9ghz on an I-7700 I want to squeeze more performance out of it, specifically for this game.

Hi, Lucifer. I didnt understant the instructions quite well. I am suposed to open the game file sc264 using the Visual Studios 2017? The patch has 3 files that none aplication is able to open (.c extension?) Please. I really want to improve my sc2 on my fx-8350, thank you so much.

So i have wooden computer Athlon 2.5 Ghz 2 cores, then i wonā€™t be able to do anything ? Pity, on ladder, campaign performance is quite acceptable (unless there is huge amount of units). In coop however i experience often fps dropping to 1 (Yes i have ONE FPS at some stages of the game)

I installed the Visual Studio 17 professional and the enterprise and there is no ā€œAttachā€ option in the menu, there must be another thing to be installed.

In Visual Studio 2019, it would be in the Debug menu, and be also triggered by the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+P.
Maybe one of those at least was already true in 2017?

That is just weird. Even 2019 lacks the debug menu. I think i should not install the Visual alone, there must be some other thing like workload or add on.

I had to install the C++ as well in order to have the attachment option. The only downside is that it didnā€™t work with my AMD FX8350. The fps is still the same. Thank you tho. :slight_smile:

Try Vertical Sync setting on Fast and use Ultra on Low latency Mode on Nvidia !

This version of the guide is ancient and thus wrong.

The game uses 4 cores now and the visual studios patch is irrelevant last i checked they went ahead and just fixed it.

For an fx series put game on cores 0, 2, 4, 6.

Oldish thread, but im putting in my two cents.

Going from fx8350 to ryzen 5800x made all the difference in the world to me, so much so that the rx580 is a bottleneck now.

I use to maybe only see 50% gpu utilization on fx8350 due to it bottlenecking, now with the new cpu gpu is 100%, and I see around 85% utilization on 1 core, and 35-45% on another core. I read this game supports 4 cores now? Is this false? It doesnt look like SC2 is effectively using past 2 cores for me.

Prior to cpu upgrade I averaged 70fps and in intense scenes and dipped to as low as 18-23fps. Now with the new cpu I see 180fps maxed out in 1080P and 120fps being roughly the lowest I see.
between the two computers I went from 16gb ddr3 1866mhz memory to 32gb ddr4 3600mhz memory.

I skimmed the topic but didnā€™t understand what to do.
Tell me, if I have a xeon with a low clock speed, how do I get starcraft 2 to use at least 4 cores?

Found another theme like this Patch/guide for CPU speed FPS (If you play competitively click this) but it is like the same thing

I tryed set cores and high priority but it isnt help.
What helped - graphics setting effects and physics to low. Now it is more fps even on dead nights.

Hey
No Windows 10 optimization video on your channelā€¦

1 Like