Twelve nights of DoN

Based on :point_up: and my own though, prestige leveling via statistical analysis doesn’t suggest VT inflation.

Although I agree that part of this DoN inflation must have a prestige leveling component tied to it. Yet, the map is still awful for exp gain, difficulty, and such.

I just feel it’s such a trap lol.

ME is actually my favourite map (specially with Nova, Tanks, spider mines, Ravens and Nova herself :heart: :heart: :heart:).

I think people like DoN cause it’s pretty hard to lose the map with 1 Def and 1 offensive commander, even though that approach is far from optimal…

And achievements hunter like the map cause it can be stretched near infinity (especially with Worms, stanks are way harder).

1 Like

I don’t necessarily dislike DoN, but i think it’s a shame that such a huge portion of the games i play have to be on that map, especially since so many of the other maps that are far less frequent, are so awesome. (I love PnP and SoA).
Also i find that most of the games on DoN are with Idef turtlers who barely contribute to clearing the map.

2 Likes

It’s the 12 Days Of Christmas my true love gave to me

Hope you paused the game first on your way out.

1 Like

Lol calm down Satan.

1 Like

An updated stats from 21st to 27th, roughly a week’s worth.

Map Frequency Map Frequency
VT 3 LL 4
CoD 3 RtK 5
SoA 2 DoN 10
CoA 3 ME 1
PP 1 VP 1
OE 6 VL 6
Mal 3 TotP 3
MO 3

Seriously, what the actual F lately lol. That’s still 18.2% out of 55 games. What’s more is that it doesn’t account for the (shameful alt + f4) I’ve done on 5 occasions of DoN (that’s 25% in actuality).

It’s just so sad when you get DoN 10x (or more really) than ME, PP, and VP. Not to say any of these maps are good or bad, but c’mon… lol.

Also, this would be so much f’ing easier if they gave me back my Trust Level 3.

DoN is suppose to be a Raynor type map, easy to figure out what to do but hard to be efficient (basically clearing the map before or during N3 … or even 2 for some cmd combo)
DoN is one of my fav map (beside OE and VL), it’s not as interesting as OE but it still have some charm thanks to it concept being different from the rest.

Now that’s just getting out of hand… literally queued up and it’s DoN yet again.

Looks like it’s the good old no random map time, what a shame.

Nope, but it sure is fun :+1::+1: Plus, with DoN, towers do more for defense even if it does nothing for offense. You’re guaranteed to get kills with them, as even good players are hard pressed to cover all 4 entrances at once (although if the barricades are kept intact, all bets are off).

On VL and OE, your ally usually snipes the objectives before they even come in range, rendering them useless.

1 Like

Did he take the far north base and eventually the south east trying to mine the map out? Because I’ve done that and my ally wasn’t happy. Lock and Load is one of the few maps you can mine out and then also mine out the AI expos.

Because you control when the game ends. So I like to see how many resources I can mine, since it is kept track of on the score screen. Since the downfall of Raynor’s double mule glory, it’s rare to mine out maps these days.

I’ve seen guys that play nothing but dead of night. This summer I played with a guy multiple times in a row, and I wondered why do we keep getting the same map? Upon checking his match history, it was pages of dead of night. Some people just really like that map. I don’t mind getting it every once in a while

It’s fun because since the buildings are light, you can try different strats on it, mass blue flame hellion is fun.

As someone that does like Dead of Night a fair bit, thought I’d give my two cents.

To put it simply, Dead of Night feels like arguably the most unique/fun map, in the entire pool. With every other map, it’s the exact same playstyle. Get some early army/defense, clear first objective or two, grow your army into an deathball of some sort (depending on commander) and clear the objectives. If you want to spice things up or you have an unreliable ally, you split your army and do some objectives at once.
With, of course, the dreaded timer, on EVERY SINGLE OTHER MISSION.

The most sought after thing in the coop fanbase was another mission without a hard timer, because it lets you have more fun! With no more content coming, DoN makes the most sense to queue as when you’re sick of coop. It’s a breath of fresh air from all the other maps, at least to me, and a fair number of other players.

1 Like

It has a really fun bonus too. You have to go out at night to get it, also it changes location from night to night.

Yes, Karax and Swann can win on many maps just using statics.

I’n not sure why people like DoN and not sure how the randomize algorithm works but this is most certainty is selected by players. People like this map because there is no timer? IDK. ‘Timer’ could be don’t go over fourth night or risk losing.

I think Rick is a data scientist :grinning:

For DON it’s fun to go mass collosus with Karax. His collosus are really good with both upgrades they shred the buildings.

1 Like

DoN has not been that high on my new laptop but my old laptop it was my highest frequency at ~13%, this despite me prestiging / leveling some on Void Trashing .

The new laptop is only a one week sample size. While the old laptop was a year sample size.

Really shouldn’t be playing this game on a laptop.

You’ve described 0 uniqueness or fun about DoN. All you described is the general gameplay of every map, including DoN.

And this is what I’ve been wondering, why is it such a trap. People keep playing it “thinking” or rather “foolishly believing” it is unique when it isn’t.

1 Like

My new Acer Nitro 5 laptop is fine. I realized my old HP laptop from 2015 was kind of a handicap definitely prone to lag. It was also on medium graphics couldn’t support high graphics. But honestly I could play well enough most of the time.

With new laptop I have had zero lag issues and can play on high graphics .

SC2 is 10 years old and development started years before that, back then most CPUs had 2 cores at most and as such the game isn’t really optimized for the kind of hardware we have today. Which is why you can get relatively low frame rates when a lot of stuff is going on, even if you have an expensive rig. Most laptops from recent years are more than enough for playing SC2. I wouldn’t wanna play SC2 on a laptop either, but thats mostly due to a smaller screen.

1 Like