The next co-op commander

I’m thinking Selendis as Golden Armada, Rohana as full Daelaam and Ji’nara as second Tal’darim Commander.

Alarak has the Death Fleet itself but Ji’nara could still use Destroyers, Carriers, or Tempests. She could also use Tal’darim Zealots, Adepts, Blood Hunters, Tal’darim Reavers etc.

1 Like

I just remembered something that Selendis could use; The Psi-Link Spire. It could be a unique building for her that allows her to call in reinforcements.

1 Like

Donnie Vermillion, just so we get him as an announcer.

4 Likes

HotS gets announcers who aren’t playable all the time. We don’t need Donny playable to have him as an announcer.

3 Likes

I’m imagining that Niadra could be a zerg commander using salvaged Protoss tech or something after being left on the husk of that Protoss ship she had infiltrated in the HotS campaign.
We have Terran/Zerg hybrid with Stukov, so Niadra could be a Protoss/Zerg hybrid commander.

Maybe even infested Protoss, though I think that’s canonically impossible, so maybe some kind of symbiote that she made serve the same purpose in a more limited fashion.

2 Likes

It would be pretty cool if Valerian got sword wielding Ghosts as apart of his army. Nova got to use a sword in Covert Ops. Why not give those swords to Valerian’s army?

Then again; I see Valerian using Umojan units which have high tech units closer to that of Protoss. He could use Terran modified Pylons like in Legacy of the Void’s Prologue.

Nova gets Umojan tech in her campaign and it’s just slightly more advanced. Spartan company’s description in WoL indicates basic UED tech as of the Brood War is on par with the most advanced units in the Dominion as of SC2 (hard to scale per campaign timeline since Terran tech barely evolved/got worse in the time between WoL and LotV for gameplay reasons) The Umojan’s would have to catch up to that before comparing themselves to Protoss tech.

Personally I’m all for more commanders who are designed for more casual co-op players. Starcraft is a hard game, and I wouldn’t mind having easier commanders to introduce people into co-op.

1 Like

I want the Umojan skin but I don’t know why Valerian would have them as they are not part of the Dominion and he rules the Dominion so that would be kinda weird. I have no idea who they would use for the Umojan skin though.

1 Like

Valerian is ever the son of one of the most important politcian of the Umojans, and he have a great influence there as we can see in HotS. And have Valerian as Umojan commander will be a lot more interesting instead of have 3 Dominion commanders (Mengsk, Valerian and Warfield)

3 Likes

I would say that at the very least Valerian could use Umojan Marines and Ghosts.

I want Selendis to use ships

1 Like

Yes and can we please have the more badass looking Selendis from the ‘In Utter Darkness’ and that Haven mission in WoL? She looks less imposing in LotV, or is it just me?

I want Selendis to use the mothership. It’s insane that Protoss are the only race with a built in hero unit in ladder matches, and not one single protoss commander uses it in any real capacity.

Like it or not, her smoother LotV look is the current canon.

Personally I like it. It gives Protoss more gender dimorphism without slapping breasts or eye shadow on them.

2 Likes

I’m hoping Selendis gets Golden Age skins. Mainly for Zealot, Adept and High Templar. They actually look really nice and shiny.

1 Like

The Hybrids. Sold for 10+EUR. A new race to be tested in this co-op mode.

1 Like

She’s cranky, too. If you click on her Carrier in Utter Darkness enough, she complains that she’s always surrounded by inferior lifeforms.

I am pretty sure it being coop is the exact reason no Protoss Commander has the mothership yet. It’s a temporary calldown for Alarak’s Death Fleet, but Selendis is High Executor of the Golden Armada, and pretty much everybody expects the Mothership to be her trump card when she is made into a Commander. It’s the trump card of the Golden Armada.

They always try to divvy up units so not every commander in a race has the same units. For example, it’s kinda bizarre that only Raynor has the Terran Medic, though Nova has elite, expensive troops which could greatly benefit from medics; but she just has a vastly less useful heal drone.

I think that’s the same principle with the Mothership. I am not the devs, but I am pretty sure they just want Selendis to have it.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the reasoning I also believe in, withholding certain things because they know it embodies a potential future commander, such as Selendis and a Mothership hero unit.

Another example is how they, in the end, decided against giving Nova an Odin calldown, since they realized that that would have, at the time, been better saved for a potential future Tychus commander.

1 Like

Another unit I really want Selendis to have is a Templar variant of the Void Ray. Maybe if Blizzard could give the Avenger a new ability I’d like her to use them.

I also really like the idea of her having access to the Psi-Link Spire from Heart of the Swarm. It’s a unique Protoss structure that no one uses yet.

2 Likes