• Roach +10 hp buff

Terran:

• thor change reverted
  • liberator anti ground damage reverted to one hit kill hydralisk again

Protoss:

• tempest -2 range

• colossus +1 range

Idk 125/225?

delete terran and increase queen range to 10.

3 Likes

Are you trying to make zerg lose? :stuck_out_tongue:

What an interesting thread.

Protoss:
Buff: tempests do 55 damage to all targets per shot and reduce supply cost to 4
Nerf: this is really hard. I think pretty much across the board protoss is underpowered and many units could stand buffs. However phoenix are probably a little too good right now in all three matchups and could stand a slight nerf, though not sure how.

Terran
Buff: this is hard. So many things in the Terran army are kinda too good for cost. I would say I would probably buff the scv building time for supply depots and letting two scvs speed up a building construction by 20% (useful for getting CC’s faster for a more macro game). Maybe make it a mid game upgrade you can get after building a factory or something.
Nerf: Terran mass repair needs a nerf. This I think is the single most unbalanced thing in PVT. You simply cannot attack a planetary without the entire protoss army and you must have splash damage or you’ll lose that army for nothing. This seems really too much that both are required to fight the Terran at their third base which is the base worth fighting over. I would give repair a fixed rate similar to that of a shield Battery and cap it at like 2 scvs (more scvs don’t make it any faster)

Zerg: buff ultralisks. They suck. Maybe reduce the supply cost and let them walk over units like the colossus for better pathing or move whilst burrowed or something.
Nerf: where do I start? I think nerfing creep seriously is what most needs to happen and would have the broadest balance effects . I would take away the free vision and replace it with a sensor tower like radar and only for ground units. I think Zerg losing free vision and free speed will make them play more safe and it’ll be more balanced for all.

i laugh at the terrans suggesting nerfing the bc by removing TJ and buffing them by giving them after burners.

you’re literally buffing them with no downside. yeah they can’t warp anywhere anymore, but they have increased manueverability on a short cooldown.

1 Like

Protoss
Nerf: Mothership removed
Buff: +400/+400

Terran
Nerf: Battlecruisers take 250 seconds to produce
Buff: New Ability : Time Jump
BCs jump back in time and kill enemy workers at the beginning of the match.
Enemy buildings and units at the present start disappearing at a horrifying rate

Zerg
Nerf: Removed Transfuse from Queen
Buff: Added new unit -> King (requires infestation pit)
King is able to spread Creep to the atmosphere.
Deoxygenate: Nearby non-zerg biological units lose 3 health per second.
Additional effect:Brood Lords and Locusts move at 4.00 on air creep

Zerg
-Buff: Drones can harvest while burrowed
-Nerf: Queens birth units (1:1); as it is now, zerg requires no structures for production (hatchery is not a unit producing structure)

Terran
-Buff: CC has turrets; yet when upgraded to OC, turrets are lost but allows bio unit drops where ever vision is maintained
-Nerf: Reduce BC speed

Protoss
-Buff: Make zealots great again
-Nerf: Do not revert recent zealot nerf

This is a fun one because it makes you think about balance - I did it once with an extension mod. Okay, let’s see what I can do (this isn’t built on the recent change proposals by Blizzard):

Terran:

• Buff: Allow assault-mode Vikings to be built at the Factory (requires Starport)
  • Nerf: Have Tactical Jump be a Fusion Core research

Zerg:

• Buff: Allow Microbial Shroud to protect against all ranged attacks, not just those from the air (melee, spell and splash damage is not affected).
  • Nerf: Queen air attack range reduced by 1.

Protoss:

• Buff: Provide a Templar Archives upgrade that doubles Feedback damage back to 1 damage per point of energy.
  • Nerf: Increase Robotics Facility price back to 200m 100g.
1 Like

Tvz would most likely be tipped towards zerg if the entire terran army got an indirect damage nerf.

Terran

Nerf - Reaper self regen removed.
Buff - Thor’s Hammer damage increased from 30 to 35.

Protoss

Nerf - Stalker HP from 80 to 70.
Buff - Added back Mothership’s Planet Cracker ability.

Zerg

Nerf - Baneling gas cost from 25 to 50.
Buff - Added back Corruptor’s Corruption ability.

To re-do my 1 buff, 1 nerf suggestions (some of which match what is happening in the balance test mod):

Terran:

• Buff: Increase Ghost Steady Targeting damage from 170 to 175.
  • Nerf: Have Tactical Jump be a Fusion Core research

Zerg:

• Buff: Allow Microbial Shroud to protect against all ranged attacks, not just those from the air, but with the change that melee, spell and splash damage (e.g. Siege Tanks, Widow Mines, Zerglings, Ravager bile shots, Disruptors, Colossi) is not affected (some tinkering with research and energy cost may need to be done).
  • Nerf: Queen air attack range reduced by 1.

Protoss:

• Buff: Provide a Templar Archives upgrade that doubles Feedback damage back to 1 damage per point of energy.
  • Nerf: Increase Robotics Facility price back to 200m 100g.

I wouldn’t complain about that nerf.

However, I feel rather curious : what would be the practical consequences of having ghost’s snipe gaining 5 dmg ? :thinking:

The Z nerf is interesting, since it would be specific to PvZ ; and I believe we are several advocating for it. It’s also refreshing to see deeper, macro based nerfs/buffs suggestions.

However, regarding the buffs, if I may, those would IMO translate in a strong buff for Z (back to HotS’ macro mechanics), and an unprecedented buff for terran (since the MULEs would stack permanently, meaning that if left undisturbed the terran could either use those superworkers to outmacro the other’s economies, or just stop producing SCV’s sooner, increasing their army/workers ratio sooner).

That would mean that Zerg & protoss would now be the one required to harass Terran in midgame, and that protoss would need to get 12.5% more efficient in their PvZ harass… which wouldn’t combine well with a -4 radius prism pick-up range. Both MULEs and Chronoboost were adjusted upon nerfing injects, in other words if you buff T & Z mechanics without adjusting the P counterpart, you leave P behind.

Protoss would be heavily disfavored by the result, IMO.

Protoss:
Remove disruptor
Buff zealot beyond pre-charge nerf

Zerg:
Remove nydus network
Buff brood lords

Terran:
Remove widow mines
Buff vikings

Yolo