Stats played badly and made mistakes. Protoss is still OP

So true. Stats is super predictable and never cheeses. Ty took advantage of Stat’s predictability.

Clearly Terran has plenty of Tools to deal with Protoss in PvT as shown by a 4-0 victory.

When Stats defeated lots of other top tier players, both Terran and Zerg and was shown as very strong in this tournament, he still was able to get beaten by 4-0 by a Terran player completely wrecking your argument.

Seems like the age-old thing with Terran vs Protoss is very simple:

Terrans are slow to adapt and have a hard time learning how a meta evolves.

This is obviously because of the fact that Terrans usually only have to build MMM against Protoss and can win and have never learned to diversify their strategy like TY did in this instance.

It just shows most Terrans suck at the strategy game and are probably more at home in a game where reaction speed matters more.

2 Likes

This guy has above average brain foldage. Approved!

Oh we weren’t. We evolved past horses eons ago. Our brains function on a different wavelength. The TTT has ruined their brain with constant stim overdose and abuse. If one bio ball doesn’t work. F it, build another barracks and stim some more! WOL strats until the end, which is soon

1 Like

I love how the PPP are so so salty after Stat’s loss! There is enough salt generated by the PPP after Stat’s loss to supply the entire world with salt over the next year LUL

So much salt! The PPP are so salty, the world’s supply of salt has increased 100x after the Stats vs Ty series!

You are hoping they take the bait don’t you?

1 Like

I don’t even play protoss e_e On top of that I wasn’t whining about the outcome, I was saying it’s ridiculous to say a race is OP when it just lost

1 Like

It was PartinG that said it. PartinG is one of the best Protoss players in the world. Scroll up to the top and look for the link where PartinG said Protoss is OP against Terran.

1 Like

Yeah the stats don’t really reflect it and he’s the only one seeing success with the style he calls OP (and even that success isn’t that high compared to his counterparts). Seems more like an Appeal to Authority. I’m not saying he’s bad or that he doesn’t understand SC2, I just think he’s overstating things because of his subjective perspective; and that just because he’s the one saying it doesn’t actually make it true. If he was winning every GSL, I’d take it more seriously.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the original source some kind of misstranslation?, I remember the reddit thread and there people claiming that they knew korean and said that the translation wasn’t really accurate.
Still, if something is OP and you don’t win with it, it’s not probably OP or not that good as oldwhogotban said, so maybe Parting overestimated it, or was in fact a bad translation.

edit:

Found the thread, top comment in reddit thread here:

Ok I’m korean and ive been translating brood war/sc2 content for fun for while. You can check my post history. I do some stuff as snows youtube translation now.

Parting says this in this clip exactly. I haven’t looked at other part.

Honestly, I think PvT ballance will be bit ruined. Well…tsk…I believe that protoss will be advantageous in both early and mid game. As the game goes on to late game, protoss is better so… Terran players will try to end before this happens in early game. Since terran players know this, they will try to end it early-mid game.

Sounds more reasonable than stating that protoss is OP.

3 Likes

Cute post, did your mom proofread this for you? I’m sure that she’s very proud of her lil’ barcode.

The PPP salt after Stats lost! Hahahaha, more PPP salt! Give me more salt! Hahahaha!

I don’t care if Stats lost, I posted zero salt. I just think it’s cute how prepubescent Terran players like you never take a break from crying on the forums, even and especially about when Terran won but it wasn’t convincing enough for you. Your parents are definitely proud.

Bro hes just translating something lol. It looks a lot more like you’re crying than he is.

2 Likes

Bro hes just translating something lol. It looks a lot more like you’re crying than he is.

-ObackBarama

STATS PLAYED BADLY AND MADE MISTAKES … The fact that Stats got all those easy wins over Maru, Innovation, and Byun isn’t fair. Blizzard needs to fix PvsT by nerfing Protoss or buffing Terran.

Oh really, where’s he translating that from? You’re probably the same person on a different account, or just some other idiot who thinks every time they lose on the ladder it’s because ThEiR rAcE iMbA nO fAiR gAmE.

At least I’m not crying

Blizzard needs to fix PvsT by nerfing Protoss or buffing Terran.

Cry! Cry! Cry! Salt! Salt! Salt! Hahaha, you are so sore that you can’t read!

I don’t care if Stats lost

Blizzard probably wont be nerfing Protoss or buffing Terran ever again, so keep distributing your salty tears on the forums.

Protoss is very OP. They can warp in any usnits they want anywhere on the map and just a-move blink dts and shoot drisruptor balls all over the map. The only reason Terran wins against them sometimes in GSL is because Protoss players intentionally underperform to nerf Terran.