StarCraft II 4.13.0 PTR Patch Notes

StarCraft II 4.13.0 PTR Patch Notes

We've made a major update to the StarCraft II Map Editor, and you can check it out on the PTR now!

View Full Article

12 Likes

Oh my god, it’s happening. One of the biggest patch i have seen, and it is for map editor.
Though it kinda makes SC2 Editor Heroes of The Storm Editor.

6 Likes

wow great job blizzard, you never let us down

they added like a boat type unit, that actually sounds really cool.

4 Likes

To be fair, this update is reaaaaly good.

3 Likes

im still reading it, they also added up to 15 layers for maps, that sounds like a game changer, i wonder if that will work on ladder?

from the looks of things this is one of the coolest updates they have done in a while

2 Likes

No, probably not, in the balance reasons.
I think those updates are mostly for custom campaigns and arcade, as you can see, they didn’t touch other modules.

well obviously map makers wouldnt have to use all 15, but maybe 4-5 in certain maps

• StarCraft II now supports up to 15 cliff layers, up from 3.
    Siege Tank liked this
10 Likes

This is the best patch in quite some time. I will certainly use those features now. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Uh, Map Editors are feeling well.

1 Like

Good. Seems like I can creat a move turret in Starcraft 2 editor now.

Ummmm…‘StarCraft II now supports water pathing’ naval battle?

Since you working on sc2 software outside of the main client, how about updating the Linux sc2 client. It’s still stuck on balance patch 4.10 and in dire need of an update. Games in the AI botting scene are becoming less and less relevant as each new balance patch comes in.

3 Likes

Ummmm. In space, some regions are dangerous like ‘Deep water’, so the Lost Viking will be reforged? The elite Tauren in the lavatory may have a story about Xel’naga?

guess the game is popular enough to do this.

But anyway, I hope we will see maps where you can build on ramps on the ladder and in tourneys.

1 Like

Only if the building is tilted accordingly to reflect the mindset of your zerg opponent.

Nope. If you explore Starcraft 2 by first-person perspective. You will get 15 cliff layers world rather than 3. War3:reforged units and structures model are very good, very beautiful, Amazing. This make explore mod become feasible (Aiur Toursim).
Imagine: You are a small zealot. Now you get into Nexus. You can touch pylon now. Nexus have 5 floors. Each layer has a different story, Taldarin, Aiur, Nerazim and soon on.

Well, that’s not my job. That’s Blizzard job. I’m just telling you what kind of world they might give you.

2 Likes

This looks like someone is planning for final version of W3:R to be a fanmande SC2 mod :no_mouth: :smiley:

2 Likes

Remember, BW competitive also had some odd map design choices…so I think there will be maps where you can build on ramps.

Whos ready for ramps out in the middle no where?

1 Like

You play on the maps, and those are gonna be better

2 Likes

Entire Arcade now will be better.

2 Likes