Some Basic Do's and Don'ts of Co Op CO's

*unless you’re going mass air (which is not always good option, tbh).

Never had enough resources to support more than 2. Especially with unit costs mastery removal.

2 is just fine if you’re not forgetting to produce troopers and drop bunkers. 3 or 4 is justified only if you’re against mass storms, reaver/disruptor, banes or something like that and taking insane casualities.
And if you’re finding yourself with 5k minerals - just buy weapons for troopers. Mengsk, i think, the only commander that can effectively spend thousands of minerals in a second.

5 Likes

For Stetmann: You gotta use Super Gary super aggressively. You can charge across entire maps if you activate Gary-zone and turn on FAST, and you can use this to place stetellites in sneaky positions. Permanent vision of areas is pretty dang strong, especially for some of your allies.
Always overload, all the time. His overloads can be used as setups and during engagements to massively improve his army. Ideally you want to do FAST before a fight, HUGS during, and JUICE afterward (with switching to HUGS field just for the healing.)

1 Like

Sorry, that’s just plain wrong. Unless you can show me an example where omegas worm don’t help Kerri at all. Omega worms are there for Kerri mobility, attack, and heal as well as instant detection if needed. Plus you can use omega worms to safely assault with mutas from out of range.

2 Likes

Cannonball is extremely tanky and brilliant against heavy ground. If I do take him it’s usually as #5. Since Tychus can annihalate most waves quickly on Brutal without Cannonball, he sees less use. But on some mutators or for some who are less skilled at really quickly clearing a wave, he’s a good addition.

4 Likes

Well, I can’t say you’re completely wrong, but it seems you’re ignoring the fact that Nydus costs 200 gas. Of course they help in any scenario, but they just cost too much and not very helpful to air units. Kerri herself is pretty mobile with her jump ability, its the Hydra/Ultra/Lurker who need help with transporting.
When you’re 200/200 Nydus is a good thing to have, but before that you just can’t afford it, and benefits from Nydus are insignificant compared to more mutas.

Your strategy is stupid, outside certain mutations you should never waste Dehaka on slapping rocks.

Even an uprooted warden can take down the rocks faster than a lvl 1 hero Dehaka. The warden and 2 lings are more than enough for rocks. You are just delaying getting the pack leader dens out.

10 Likes

You can clear a lot of missions with just Dehaka and the pack leaders; that’s how much power his hero unit has when played right. Units are mostly just used to mop up whatever is left after Dehaka ate his way through the enemy lines.

Check out Rockslapping Champions episode 5 btw; that’s how a speedrunner plays Dehaka.

1 Like

well. you kinda want to be in purple/blue when you overload before the fight, switch to the other, and be in green during the fight. Overload buffs stay for about 45 seconds and free attack speed and more egongy(or whatever) are very nice to have!

Furthermore, Do’s:
Fenix: Cast those bubbles, and get all champions (Probius approves!)
Zeratul: Use those blinks and the reflective bubble
Mengsk: Rush that mandate, preserve troopers early on
Any terran: Repair that protos ally mech!
Nova: Ravens
H&H/Karax: Have 1 Raven/Energizer help your ally out

Dont’s:
Fenix: Full carrier
Raynor: Full BC
Anyone: Not going for fast expand when you can
Anyone: Go full defence on DoN/any map (without mutations)

From my long experience as playing Dehaka, but this strategy is most fitting for me.
Dehaka units costs lots of gas and I prefer to get resources as soon as possible
Besides I can can deal with all enemy composition with Dehaka Level 1.
I only go to hunting when I play particular mutation.

If you can’t believe it still, I can send you a replay and see for yourself.

True that I clear waves and bases with Pack Leaders, and I use them as a way to buy enough time to get my army as well.

Actually same can be said with all commanders with heroes.

Dehaka deals ridiculously weak damage to rocks, and in army oriented build it may be better to switch his aspeed mastery to primal mutations, so even less damage to rocks. Glevig could be build at 2 : 00 approximately, u are losing 40 second of that and potential tonns of damage dealt by dehaka to enemy actual units, to make your army that kinda contributes 25% of overall damage in the best case scenario, few minutes faster. Really not worth it. If u wanna rely on army so much dehaka is just not yours commander - many other do that far more effectively.

2 Likes

Haha no. Alarak and Zagara are two examples of heroes that do not perform well without an army.

Sure, post one. Might even get us a Rockslapping Champions submission.

7 Likes

200 gas for unlimited worms is a bargain.

Remember they still provide detection and are physical barriers to enemy units. AND your allies can use them too. And that’s in addition to just being a great way to move Kerrigan to where she’s needed.

Also unless you somehow have 200 supply of just air units, you can still use them to transport Zerglings around. You know Zerglings, the expendable mineral dump that you literally can’t make enough of?

I stand by what I said. Omega Worms are too good to not make use of.

4 Likes

As above.

Also, why not try soloing some missions with mutalisks as your army and no Omegas. Pick the ideal map and enemy comp. Then compare that to just having one early Omega instead of those first two mutas. Which method allows you to clear quicker/easier?

With how bad their ideas normally are, they probably are THE Rockslapping Champion. The be-all, end-all champion of champions.

1 Like

“don’t full carrier with fenix”

imagine not going mass carrier with fenix against scorched earth, fatal atraction, double edge, or some heavy ground comp

i saw a cancer tip in liquid guide of artanis: “Learn how to get the most out of your Pylons. It’s possible to fit 16 buildings into a single power field, and as such it is generally not necessary to build more than one Pylon per game”
DON’T do only 1 pylon with artanis, they cost just 100 minerals. do at least 3 pilons to build comfortably all the gateways and other structures you want. don’t lose your time playing tetris. I also make some pilons in key points so i have vision and powerfield without wasting project powerfield cooldown

2 Likes

~10-20 (if using by cd) =/= unlimited
And you have to delay your air tech/upgrades/army for the sake of it. And its on the stage of the game where solo Kerri might be not enough in some situations (of course I know that you and Caffeine can solo any mission with only hero, but lets pretend we’re talking about real human players here).

Once in a minute for a fixed position? No, thanks, I’ll get my Overseer (when playing mass air).

1 worm is not really a significant barrier. 5-10 worms are.

Allies… yes… More like 1 out of 10 will even bother to use it (thats the real experience).

Q ability is also a decent way to move Kerri wherever you want, so why waste limited resources?

Zerglings are one of the fastests units in SC2 and Kerri’s Zerglings are cliff-jumpers. If they’re A-moved they will be quicker by the own legs in most situations than loading-unloading to Nydus.

Yes, they’re good. But their full potential is unlocked if there’s 10-20 of them or when playing Hydra/Ultra or Hydra/Lurker. When playing mass air - just a waste.
And even on my level (I would say 1 of 5 my random allies are playing equal or better than me) its hard to manage Nydus, Kerri and air army simultaneously, imagine a dumster fire when some casual player tries that. Hydra/Ultra you can A-move and be fine, but with Muta you need to babysit it to not lose half of your supply to random Storm, Seeker Missile, Parasytic bomb or whatever.

That is exactly why I am saying that Omega is a nuisance when playing mass air. As above, maybe skilled players with great multitask and micro will extract more value from 1 Omega Network than from 3 Mutas (and guess what, they won’t be looking for tips in a threads like this), but lets be honest, most co-op players are not that good.

1 Like

Nope, 1 pylon is more than enough. It can power up to 16 buildings. You just have to learn the effective method of positioning the buildings once and can use it really easy later.
https://www.screencast.com/t/rTx4MrCJ

Imagine having something amazing like Disruptors or Colossi against ground!

1 Pylon is all you need. I get 2 at most, just to expand my building placement options. But that’s only because I meticulously build my SimCity a certain way.

Freeman virus?
20 chars.

I almost never make more than my 2 resource command centers unless im facing a comp like protoss mech that tends to inflict mass casualties on my troopers. the bunker calldowns usually provide enough supplementary reinforcements that I don’t need the extra production. If you find yourself regularly needing 4-6 CCs, you probably aren’t making enough royal guard units.

3 Likes