[SC2] All The Interface Suggestions

How about to add 4x4 archon mode? I really don’t understand why there’s no such function. It’s like Blizzard are afraid of having 16 players in game simultaneously.

8 Likes

Let me add something. For instance, Blizzard implemented inside the game some kind of navigation system, which allows you to press hotkey to go in desirable place. Like when you press “F10” and if you want to quit game, you press “n” because it appears in the word “Surrender”, O - for options, Q - for Quit Replay, S - for Score menu and so on. My preposition is to enhance this system to make it work even in other different places, like “Main Menu” - there I have discovered only 2 buttons (despite F10) that brings you to the “Friend list” by pressing “O” and press “G” to go to “Groups Menu”. Please, add buttons so person could quickly go to options (as inside the match), to go to Campaign menu, Co-op, Versus and so on. It would be nice. Thanks.

7 Likes

Yeah thx added this to my post

7 Likes

It has already been suggested, though not in the right way, and not in the right place. I think this gameplay/interface suggestion would be good :

• but only for unranked, as if would be unfair to allow some players to rank right next to others while playing only one or two match-ups ; and we don’t want to have too much players disabling mirrors or playing only favored match-ups.
  • under the form of a veto (X race will be selected less frequently).

The positive consequences of this would be a minute reduction of smurfing (by 5-10% at best), and a better training utility for unranked as one player could choose to train specifically one match-up for a time. I’m thinking in advocating for this at the next community feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

Those are minor points, but could indeed be helpful for some.

I’d rather suggest to have an auto-launch ON/OFF toggle, to avoid slowing down those who want to get into the game as fast as possible, or other AFK issues. :thinking:

But you can. F2 is campaign, F4 is 1v1, F7 are replays, if my memory doesn’t wrongs me. :bulb:

Anyway, nice topic It’s not everyday we get public utility threads, and structured ones even less. :smiley:

6 Likes

If you mean that user “Apxn” said that, then you should have noticed that I have written another post right under his one about changing my first message.
Unless you meant in global, like “it has been suggested” multiple times throughout the whole existence of this sc2 forum (anyway, all those attempts didn’t work out).

I didn’t propose to unlock this feature for Ranked, as I said, it must be for Unranked only.

Not quite sure I understand. Can’t say for others, but I literally hate mirrors, and if there would be a lot of players who picked up Unranked with specific match-up, just to make sure they won’t get mirror matches (that means, the total amount of players will be reduced by this number) doesn’t mean that it will break the system. At last, SC2 is not THAT dead.

Ah, thanks, really I forgot about that. Either way, even if you press F10 in the main menu, you can’t go to “Options” by pressing “o”, but it works inside the match (that is strange). If you open your profile, IIRC you can’t navigate there with hotkeys too.
By “enhancing” I meant like mostly everything in the interface, not only “Campaign\Co-op\etc” switching.

7 Likes

It depends on the level of play, starting around masters the queue times do increase quite significantly. Still, limiting that to unranked would also limit the amount of people using that feature, so I think it’s worth a try.

As for my previous sentences, I meant it has been asked in the past on the forum, though not specifically for unranked, which is the important point.

Sure, why not. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This has been bothering thousands of players for YEARS to a point where it’s rarely mentioned anymore. Patch after Patch you guys fix so many things but why can’t you LOWER the sound?

Please!!! I have over 10k games played and still annoyed by this :frowning: :frowning:

8 Likes

The thing is that if I wasn’t clear enough in my first message (like, lost some details), I’d ask you to formulate this fifth section more understandable and more appropriate. So I could clearly copypaste your message and change my post (or even quote, as I did with KrisxBell and his issue).
That would be nice.

6 Likes

But of course :

My suggestion is to allow unranked users to veto some match-ups (vs Z, vs T, vs P), just as we currently can veto some maps. This would :

• Decrease smurfing from users who freelose said match-ups.
  • Allow for unranked to be used for specific match-up training.
  • Still preserve the place for those going through the effort of playing all their match-ups, as only them would be allowed to be officially ranked.

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Much appreciated for your explanation, added to my post.

8 Likes

wondering if there’s any possible way to constantly disable chat inside game 'cause lotta dumbs write nasty things there thx

6 Likes

why i cannot talk with gamers in loading screen fix plz

6 Likes

Added to my post, thx

5 Likes

Actually I want to add that custom skins are so annoying - it literally gets harder to identify and focus enemy units especially when deathball goes.

6 Likes

Agreed but still, I never was in such situation before, but let it be, because there are no custom skins on tournaments

5 Likes

Agree with all options. Also it’ll be cool to have an option like “Share replay” in the game. So there will be no need to invite friends to watch replay with you. They will be able to do it when they want.

7 Likes

I wonder why it’s impossible to attach screenshots in chat using battle.net utility? I need to spend extra time to upload the image on whatever hosting of pictures and then attach the link. This is so annoying, could you fix that and make it as simple as in Discord? Thanks

7 Likes

Thanks for reply but not sure I understand what exactly you meant?
You can share replay by going directly to the folder and send it to your friend. The only thing, that both of you must have any messenger with ability to drop files like Discord or something.

5 Likes

Sure you can. But you have to go to the replays folder, copy it to some cloud, then send it. I was talking about an in-game option, that allows you to make direct link. Sure, it will work as cloud, but with minimum moves

7 Likes

This is much more complicated system than just providing a link to someone’s profile or map in custom game. I’m sure you know what is happening in Blizzard-Activision offices, there are simply no money because they all are flowing directly to the Kotick’s pocket. It’s a huge system that must work nearly 24/7 and you need a lot of staff of programmers to create this. That’s the point, so you better use Discord or other messenger so you don’t need to upload replay in cloud and just drag’n’drop it to your friend.
(Oh yes, check Disturbia’s post, that would make it easier).

5 Likes