Quitting after 1 minute, every dang time. What can be done?

For the past six months or so, about 50% of the 2v2 games I join contain a “Computer” player which quits in under 1 minute.

I say “Computer” in quotes because they are obviously using a deceptive name and are likely either a bot or a player wanting to artificially de-rank themselves.

I’ve reported the player nearly every single time this happens. There would be, no joke, around 50 reports and other players have mentioned that they’ve reported, too.

I guess my question is, does Blizzard even read or take action on in-game reports?

And if not, where else can I go to report it? Looking at the support articles, they seem to point me to the in-game report system. But nobody is reading the reports!

I have the relevant profile IDs, but obviously I’d need to send them directly to support rather than posting publicly here.

1 Like

You seek answers you may find here:

1 Like

We are not sure there is still someone at the anti-hackers /botters departments, because there isn’t a dedicated SC2 devs team anymore, but a more general one carrying on several legacy games simultaneously. Or maybe they still look at the reports, but just can’t timely react to them. Furthermore, with SC2 being F2P, even the addressed accounts might be recreated too easily.

The devs could fix this (smurfing, botting) with inbuilt mechanics if it was a will, but they weren’t motivated to do so even before SC2 went into long term support mode. So it’s quite unlikely as well.

What you can currently do however is :

• Deal with it : accept those idiots as an inevitable toxicity
  • play in fixed teams (to avoid being matched with them)
  • and memorize their ingame tag. So that when they’ll decide to use their account to climb up the ladder against lesser opponents, those do know the cancer they are, and do treat them adequately. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is a famous user that messes with 2v2 games. Has been doing so for a long time. Probably a few years now at least. The simple answer is you can’t do anything about it. Just another reason not to play this game anymore.