Question about stories in Legacy of the Void: Epilogue

and btw… saying that kerrigan is not channeling the energy of the Void since her transformation… that’s the dumbest thing i’ve ever heard xD i can’t believe you guys

PS: of course the Nerazim and Tal’darim couldnt command the zerg!! XD not every Void application works with another xD. take electricity for example. you must be infested by ZERG DNA which is a specific Void application… man the Overmind itself was powered up by Void and so commaned the whole swarm… what the hell are you saying… the overmind itself is psionic… if it wasn’t it couldnt command the swarm… just as stukov couldn’t if he wasn’t :wink:

Let’s see…
Among the humans prisoners on the 4 prison ships (aka the kind of population where human psychics would be more prevalent than in the general population given the UPL’s politics towards them), the ATLAS supercomputer estimated that less than one per cent of them had the mutation for psionic abilities, that’s a very low percentage.
Second, given how all psionic people we know of were born from non-psionic parents, there is a great chance that the psionic gene is a recessive one, aka you need 2 of the chromosomes where the gene is located for the psionic powers to manifest. For it to spread among the rest of the Terran race it needs to grant a massive advantage in terms of survival, which is not really the case given how in most cases all the psionics those Terrans have is… to sense other psionics, and the next step, telepathy, can be a cause of insanity, so even without Terran politics the mutation is not yet competitive enough to spread.
And lastly, if you speak about the quality of those psionics in terms of potential… all the best Terran psychic to have ever lived could have done with her raw psionics was to fry the brain of a couple people. The Protoss are still way above them, and while you may be inclined to point out that the Terrans could get to that level in the future, who knows where the Protoss level would be at that point.

If Kerrigan had void powers, she could kill the Cerebrates and the Second Overmind by herself. She couldn’t, ergo she isn’t void powered.

You previously stated that Kerrigan used Void Powers to control the Zergs, now it is Zerg DNA ? The goalposts are moving I see.
The UED took control of the Second Overmind with medical drugs. The Hive-Mind Emulator, which is inspired by the Overmind’s methods of controlling the Zergs, is neither using Void Energies nor Zerg DNA. Aka your theory falls apart.

1 Like

through what medium do you think does the overmind communicate with the swarm? through the Void, being the very “electricity” of the whole zerg application.

as i said… on earth there is no optimal envoirment given to develop ones psionic abilities. but the potential is there in humans, and the overmind could offer an envoirment for kerrigan to make her potential grow. in some way at least. when she was a ghost, she was not so powerful… but we’re talking about a given envoirment for a human here where one can freely develop psionic powers to command masses and masses of swarms then. you can only do that with high psionic levels. on earth there is no chance for a human to be very psychic. and you said the parents weren’t psychic, so why should the next generation be very psychic at once? when their parents would be psychic, then the next generation could be more psychic… dont you think

PS: the Void is an essence, the very psionic essence/power of the Xel’Naga…

The Hive Mind Emulator disagrees.

Getting her DNA rewritten from the ground up is way beyond being offered an environment for psionic growth. At this point she wasn’t human anymore, might as well use Hybrids as a proof of Protoss psionic potential.

Considering the Overmind was looking for psionics of any kind against the Protoss, this is not the case.

With a recessive gene present in less than 1% of the population ?
It would require the psionics to reproduce between themselves, which even if you avoid inbreeding would hardly spread the gene at all. That’s the thing about recessive genes, they only spread if they are a big enough boost that non carriers would seek that gene on their own, and given that in most cases it only manifests in being able to detect other psionics and that Telepathy can come with insanity, it is a pretty hard sell. Look no further than Umoja : it doesn’t suppress psionic people at all yet their psionics aren’t better than the Dominion ones, their only advantage lying in their technology, and their psychic population isn’t more important in proportion than their Dominion counterpart.

1 Like

the hive mind emulator doesn’t disagree with anything. it is a system driven by energy, that hijacks the energy of the zerg swarm… i told you that there is a medium through which the zerg communicates and thats the Void. and we know that the Void is some kind of energy too. you can always somehow hijack other energy systems with energy itself. if you had to say through what medium they communicate, what would be your answer?

kerrigan’s human dna was not destroyed… it merged with zerg dna… of course she’s still human, she’s a hybrid.

the overmind saw great potential in terrans… well Amon did. he wanted to offer humans the power to match and fight protoss - psionicly.

it’s the other way around, the emulator actually proves that the swarm communicates through an electrical medium xD wanna tell me that the void wielders are not electric? what about archons and stuff. they seem pretty electric to me :slight_smile:

BTW: psionic powers are always energetic/electric. telepathy for example is an electrical impulse actually. and that’s why the emulator works on those zerg. the emulator still is not very powerful and can only possess one or some zerg units… need much more energy for controlling/possessing masses of zerg.

Er, no. The basis of the Zerg Virus is that it assimilates stuff, it doesn’t hybridizes. Overlords have most of their DNA (94% approx) from their pre infestation form still intact, they are still Zergs.

Neither the Overmind nor Amon gives a d@mn about the Terrans against the Protoss.

You just proved that not every electrical stuff is void related, per your Archon example. Ergo you’re proving that the Hivemind is not necessarily void related.

You have to prove the reverse, that everything that is electrical is psionic, and most importantly, void psionic. What an hill to die on.

2 Likes

i just said that XD everyting that is psionic, is electric. if archons or whatever doesn’t matter man, void wielders ARE psionic and psionics are electric. you said it yourself xD the first void wielders were pretty electric. the overmind/hive mind runs psionicly, and the Xel’Naga created it… if normal energy or void energy is to debate but it PROBABLY is void energy since xel’naga, the void wielders, created the Overmind.

PS: it’s vice versa man… psionic power is energy and energy is psionic power. energy being consciousness that can be harnessed through ones mind

It’s true that the Zerg hive mind utilized void energy, as the explanation that Overmind gives for Zaszs death was that the Dark Templar were able to prevent cerebrate reincarnation through energy “similar to our own.”. However there is no evidence that there is any Zerg strain that can actively channel void energy as the lack of psionic potential within the swarm was the primary motive for its invasion of Terran space.

Kerrigan herself cannot channel void energy, it may be part of her inate makeup as a Zerg creature, but her inability to kill the second Overmind without coercing Nerazim assistance is confirmation that she cannot actively channel those energies herself.

5 Likes

@TheBentOne

kerrigan commanding masses and masses of zerg thelepaticly is not channeling void energy?

there are many forms of channeling… she still does it psionicly and that is channeling.

Semantically, it’s a possibility, functionally whatever energy source the Zerg use for telepathic communications they are unable to weaponize or specialized actors like Kerrigan would be redundant.

3 Likes

My Phone is psionic. Mind Blown.

2 Likes

so what then is psionic power in definition if it is not the void or energy generally? it must be a medium to be spread, something touchable. how else does it reach from one being to another, communicating with each other. it’s the very same with electricity, it can transfer information, itself being the medium. there must be a medium that carries information, otherwise how can psionic telepathy work for example? so what is the definition of psionic power, if not energy itself?

again… the hive mind emulator proves that zerg is communicating telepathicly using energy. how else could a terran energy system hijack it? and everyone knows that the zerg is communicating psionicly.

the zerg swarm itself doesn’t utilize the energy, it comes from a hive mind. a zergling is incapable of hosting other zerg because of the lack of its psionic power. so the zerg always needs a psionic leader. queens may be able to command some units on their own but even they are limited.

very simply: the Void being Xel’Nagas source of psionic power and them having created the Overmind, and the Overmind operating fully psionicly… isn’t it very clear? and then kerrigan being transformed and she being the one who controls the whole swarm psionicly… doesn’t that suggest that kerrigan was channeling the Void? since the Void is the psionic source of Xel’Naga and the whole zerg is operating psionicly… to me it’s so clear.

Dang I’m glad I only critiqued the first 3 sentences of this guys’ post instead of everything else that was wrong with it. We’d be here forever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, Stukov is as psionic as a zergling (he uses the hive mind), and maybe Narud’s transformation gave him some extra ability. But there’s no evidence he is or ever was a powerful psychic. If he was, he’d be a UED psychic instead of serving as a General. And his attacks are not psi based.

Then go replay Brood war. Kerrigan wouldn’t need to steal dark Templar if she could use the void the whole time.

The Overmind uses the void but humans don’t.

5 Likes

Im going to be honest, its pretty impressive to see this guy so off the mark. Its been a long time since ive seen anybody be this wrong about the lore.

5 Likes

who sais that kerrigan must be able to kill the overmind when she can channel the void in some form? she was made by the overmind, why should the overmind give her the authority to get destroyed by itself? the void that dark templars use has other authorities than the one that kerrigan uses. she is limited. kerrigan can’t just redirect the overmind’s void to get destroyed by itself. the dark templar void is different from the void of the overmind and operates in different areas… i don’t know one zerg that can be invisible for example, whereas the dark templars can. proving that the void can be different in form and functionality.

the lack of rationality in here just gave me the rest. i’m so done with you guys

What the are you even talking about? Where is this void authority stuff coming from? Killing the Overmind is as simple as channeling void energy into it. That’s how Tassadar killed the first one.

There is no “Overmind’s Void”. There’s just the void. Quit making stuff up or at least provide sources.

No, this just proves that random zerg don’t channel the void. It’s reserved for the Overmind and Cerebrates. Again, if zerg channeled the Void then Kerrigan wouldn’t need dark Templar to kill it.

Random zerg minions are from species that had their own genetics boosted by the swarm. So if they don’t use the void or other psychic powers, then there’s not much the swarm can do. They were looking for a telepath in SC1 because all the zerg suck at psionics. Zerglings don’t channel the void. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

i never said that random zerglings could “channel” the Void xD every zerg DOES process psionic information coming from the hive mind and that can be considered channeling too, but the psionic commands come from a hive mind. the overmind is made by Xel’Naga and the overmind operates psionicly… and whats the psionic essence of Xel’Naga? the void… this is so easy.

one in here that actually gets it.