PvZ is broken - Buff Protoss!

Many protoss players would know how it feels to make a massive airtoss army, and suddenly lose the mothership thanks to a 1 second inattention. Same with carriers - they cost 600 resources, but a single viper abduct takes down a unit that took a whole minute to make. The mothership irony is even more insane. It takes 114 seconds, so basically 2 minutes, to make one. How is it possible that a single moment of miscontrol takes the 800 resource unit down instantaneously?

One of blizzard’s recent patches changed the game so that motherships cannot be abducted. I personally don’t think this benefited protoss in any way. Any zerg air army would have overseers with it; removing cloak in a air-based protoss army doesn’t really do anything for either race. I think that blizzard should remove abduct and add the infested terrans back, or at least disable abduct on the mothership.

3 Likes

I think many many people are in agreement that the mothership shouldn’t be abductable.

It doesn’t make sense from a lore standpoint (the mothership is supposed to be the size of a city I believe) and it doesn’t make sense from a gameplay/balance standpoint.

6 Likes

It does make sense because zerg has no reliable detection. It is painfully easy to focus fire overseers and they die in seconds. If they die there is absolutely no way you can eat storms and interceptors just to try to kill the mothership. It is a certain loss. It dies first because it MUST die first. A fight is unwinable for the zerg otherwise.

I do agree it feels dumb but at higher level players are very good with their units and the motership can be a big problem against zerg if there is no reliable way to get rid of it. Now that feedback range is increased it will be interesting fight to see if vipers can abduct the moma ship or the ht will feedback it.

2 Likes

What no reliable detection are talking about? The tankiest detector in the game that cost no supply, spore forest or Fungal guaranteed detection?

4 Likes

The PvT & PvZ paradox
2 BROKEN match ups and no one has a clue on how to make it work
P being the common denominator in this but I will let it go for now

Buff Toss fine I don’t care. They have the right to request a 50/50 match up in PvZ just like I as a terran main request a 50/50 match up in PvT

Now what do we do about the PvT match up after this buff. Terrans already get curb stomped and already their worst match up.

do we buff terrans now. as well when TvZ is as close to a 50/50 match up as we can hope for at the present moment. and now Z is terrans punching bag the way that T is currently P punching bag…

If that is the case its not even worth making those changes. If at the end of the day someone has to be a punching bag for this to work. Should just keep terran as the punching bag.

Rather than say “Buff Protoss”, how about some concrete suggestions?

1. A Templar Archives upgrade named “Twilight Focus” that doubles the damage of Feedback (back to what it was originally, 1 HP per 1 energy). To argue the point about them killing Medivacs, this upgrade is fairly late-game because you’ll likely get Psionic Storm first, and for TvP, it gives you enough time to get Ghosts to either counter the HT in a direct battle, or to drain the energy on the Medivacs that you’re about to use for drops: [Suggestion] Feedback Upgrade

2. A Cybernetics Core upgrade named “Khaydarin Matrix” that gives +25 energy to new Sentries, so they can cast Guardian Shield right off the bat, providing some softer defensive options against drops and multi-pronged attacks (difficult to use as part of a timing attack because of its expense and because it competes with Warp Gate research): [Suggestion] Sentry Energy Upgrade

3. Some micro potential on the Carrier. For my suggestions, it would be to fully repair all Interceptors as they return to the Carrier, and a manual ability that forcibly recalls the Interceptors. The idea being is that you can use it in attempt to save them if they get caught in Fungal Growth or there’s a bit too much anti-air, with the obvious drawback that you lose DPS for a short while until they launch again: [Extension Mod] Dark Swarm-style Microbial Shroud (and more Carrier micro potential!)

4. (Haven’t got an extension mod for this one yet) An upgrade on the Fleet Beacon named “Temporal Foresight” that increases the duration of Revelation by 10 seconds (to 25 in total), bringing it close to what it used to be before it was changed. This is designed for late game PvT where you’re facing a heavily-fortified opponent with ranged Liberators, since you practically require the Revelation/Tempest synergy to break it, but the Oracle tends to get sniped by Vikings when you cast it, necessitating the need for a new one each time. A flat energy upgrade (e.g. “Argus Jewel”) like with the Sentry is not that beneficial here, although it would allow you to plant a Stasis Ward before using Revelation and potentially suiciding the Oracle.

Tournament results show Zerg is not favoured in any way in ZvP

https://twitter.com/ElazerSC2/status/1271460092731445253
https://twitter.com/JonSnowSC2/status/1271529533716541440

Mothership being abductable is fine.

1 Like

If toss mothership isnt abductable. Then zerg doesn’t stand a shot against toss army . All toss does is hang around edge of your base to avoid hydras and other static defense on the ground corrupters hydras and other units absolutely suck against storms and carriers and voids .

You are funny you can sale overseer and still get detection named fungal grow a second was wall of spore stop whine please

Yea so fine waste time to build and waste cause you cant feed back on full damage ok