Portraits are back (for some)

Ty sweetheart. Finally after half a year or something I can see my pic.

Very professional from blizz or whoever is in charge… :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

You always had your portrait damn lucky Nova fan :thinking:

It did not show for me

You’re welcome, honey. ^^

You’re seeing the glass half empty here. See the bright side of things :

• This was a forums cosmetic issue, thus quite low priority
  • Yet they fixed the avatars mismatches mere days after I get to their hears in the 5.0.4 version thread
  • Then they fixed the log-in issues in about one week after they first appeared
  • And then, one month later, we get the stalled avatars bugs fixed as well.

If anything, the correct attitude would be to thank them, since they listened to our reports, and to our requests even if it was a low priority issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Your case might be a different one, since your avatar was stalled before most of the other ones were. And if you’re the only one affected, that would make the fixing extremely low priority. It could be interesting to ask about it the other ones that had a stalled avatar before the 22th of October, we had two or three others on the main report thread.

However, before that Darfeyn and I had found a fix that helped in some cases. Might be worth the try, even if there’s no warrantee.

1 Like

Log out and log back in boys.

There’s a couple with the generic Starcraft 2 here in this thread.

Dunno if you are new or something. This isn’t the first time that happens. Throughout the years it has happened endlessley. They screw the avatars, they fix it after a lot of time. And the cycle begins. You are definitely seeing the full glass here.

I won’t thank them for this. And even less after the current state of this dead game. Sorry sweetheart.

1 Like

Really? I thought you had it all the time. I remember your avatar and nick but maybe I’m mistaken.

Okay, so I’ll resist the urge to consider the issue completely fixed in my thread. I’ll propose you to test the workaround we had found prior to the 22th of October there.

I am absolutely seeing the glass half full there. That might be due to a possible role I played into the fixing, since I delimited quite precisely the bugs in one thread in order to have those fixed quicker, and got to discuss about it with some members of the support team. So yeah, I’m happy to see it finally fixed for most people ; and I want to thank them for hearing me out. :slight_smile:

Okay, so I’ll resist the urge to consider the issue completely fixed in my thread. I’ll propose you to test the workaround we had found prior to the 22th of October there.

I wouldn’t say I’m new but I’m not among the oldest ones, since I picked the game during HotS and became active on the official forums some months before LotV. Yet if you’ve seen those bugs a lot, I can understand how you feel.

About the deadgame part however, I’ll be a bit lazy and allow myself to quote the words I said to Nathanias around the 15th of October.

You know, no later than yesterday, I watched Clem stream. Half the top FR scene was in the chat with us, soon joined by a good amount of top EU terrans. It was the first time I had a top world level SC2 stream in my language, done by a 18 years old progamer with so much potential. And this reminded me what you just said : SC2 community is still alive and evolving. And so if a game’s community is alive, so is the game. BW showed us that much.

Anyway, there’s no problem about everyone having his own opinion, honey. :wink:

I’m not that conformist towards this. I’ve been reporting many bugs so I did contribute to the fixing too and had to wait a lot to see some results, so I keep thinking the same about their role and this dead game. Nothing to thank.

My portrait came back for a few weeks than disappeared again… rip

I think i will keep this generic portrait. On the Internet, no one knows you are a bot.

You know what, now I want that SCII image for my ingame portrait, would not that be a great fix :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Test test test test test

Edit: Didn’t work.

My really ancient Spectre portrait is back yay.

So it was like I thought: I didn’t have a portrait because I played on Europe.
Tried to start a game in “Americas” just now, and set a portrait, and it appear.
Though I don’t think I will try playing on that server just to unlock a better portrait…not sure I should keep that one either, it look crazier than expected.

Nice to see I got my Swann’s avatar back here with just log-out / log-in (and without relogging issues).
Still, it’s strange some aren’t fixed, but as @Trias pointed out, there’s maybe a workaround that could do the trick. Otherwise, let’s hope the tech team just didn’t finished yet to fix the stalled avatar bug for all…

Took long enough to get my portrait back… yay.

1 Like

Huzzah! My portrait returned! No more generic SCII, although it kinda grew on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My Raynor portrait looks better than yours Rick.