One of the things that bothers me most about the Stukov Bunker nerf

With bunkers nerfed, I don’t even want to use Stukov any more.

6 Likes

Barracks arent that bad, marines cost less than half the price at barracks than they do from bunkers. 58x6 minerals per marine from a bunker and only 25 minerals from a barracks, plus its each barracks can summon 25 marines, plus its way easier to move a 3-4 barracks to key locations than it is to move like 12-15 bunkers around. Sure you get free marines from bunkers, but its really not that many, its like 1 marines every 30 seconds from your 15 bunkers which is basically like just 1 marine every other second.

4 Likes

Barracks are great, but bunkers, even after the nerf, are better. You, like me when I first tried bunkers, might think that they aren’t great, because they are a slow trickle. But what makes them OP is that you can just unload all 15 bunkers, which each contain 6 marines, and you can do that every minute or two. And you can use the extra minerals you aren’t using because your bunker marines are free, to make barracks marines on top of your free bunker marines.

You can only compare Stukov’s bunker style with Zeratul’s cannon style, except that for the latter there is no limit in number, it is faster to “reach” a position, and it is even more brainless, and you can attack on several front at a time without loosing as much as the infested split since cannons are so tanky, and not counting they are detectors.
The stupidest part of the bunker nerf is to have both increased the cost AND the supply, so that they now have the supply and the near cost of carriers (who also have free “units”) without being as mobile nor having as much health. And keep in mind that tukov infested and bunkers are disadvantaged on large maps given the slow pace of creep spread.

5 Likes

I agree with you and it’s what I posted in the Stukov Revamp topic in the old forums.

It forces you to spend a very large amount of resources at the early and mid game just for the supply (Overlords) and on top of that you have to pay the extra cost of the bunker, so you are actually doubling the economic burden.

2 Likes

I proposed the overlords to excrete creep many times in order to help with further needed creep but devs don’t seem to care.

I know canon projections are op too, but they don’t provide free units. And in case of interceptors, dunno if the game makes u pay for them but at least they are built one by one and not with a fully loaded just built bunker.

Again if it were for me I’d give them back their 300m 5 pop (+1) but would make them also cost 100g.

And I’d also make canons projections a change, if the projected one is destroyed, so should the original canon. Or would limit them to 15/20. But devs decide it at the end anyway.

Which is why those Cannons will probably get hit with the Nerf bat

Projections require Supply?
Reduce Strength of Projections (make cannons 300 hp 100 shields)?
Give cannons a Gas Cost (say 250 min 125 gas)?

One or more of those needs to be done.

1 Like

That was exclusively because they ignored most mutators. Their power level was well above average, but not outright broken.

1 Like

I mean, Dehaka’s worms take supply, bunkers take supply, and teleporting cannons… don’t take supply?

That would probably just mean the cannons won’t be used at all, since it would be so harsh a change.
Another option is to make their cooldown longer if the projection is destroyed like H&H’s strike bombers. I think that’s a pretty reasonable nerf without being too punishing.

4 Likes

That would probably just mean the cannons won’t be used at all, since it would be so harsh a change.

Or it could also mean that you should use them carefully instead of abusing a broken ability.

Another option is to make their cooldown longer if the projection is destroyed like H&H’s strike bombers. I think that’s a pretty reasonable nerf without being too punishing.

I’m not against it. Sounds reasonable yeah. What I’m against of is any braindead mechanics that breaks the game or causes massive lags.

You could make a cost per projection…

f.e. 50 Mins and 20 Gas

2 Likes

You could make a cost per projection…

f.e. 50 Mins and 20 Gas

Sounds kinda cheap to me but it would be something.

1 Like

While we are on the topic of Zeratul Projection, Cut the time a protection lasts, lower it’s health, and penalize having it be detroyed. I’d also like to see the Canon projection loose detection, so you have to use the monoliths for detection.

1 Like

Another idea would be to change the projection into a replacement.

Destroyed cannons stay destroyed. They will still have higher stats and shields…

This would be a new mechanic, though…

Except now we got Stetmann Infestors which are even worse.

Except now we got Stetmann Infestors which are even worse.

Yes I hate it too and hope it to be fixed and receive a nice anti lag nerf in the close future.

If you are still in denial of Stukov’s bunker change, please go to the revamp topic and have at it.

New topics created for the sake to complain about an already/just made change that is completely warranted serve no purpose.

Unless actual replays are posted or clear step by step analysis can be provided to show otherwise.

Oh look, another garbage post from fearwhalins because he doesn’t like something and doesn’t understand that his opinion isn’t objective fact!

4 Likes

Why do you always get so personal, everywhere you go? Old forum and new?

Nobody else, not even OP, got upset and here you are offended on their behave.

I am just saying there is literally a Stukov Revamp post by the team that will remain on top at all times. It’s an appropriate place to express opinions and feelings towards the change. And the team is more likely to see it.

No need to lose it here man. Hypocritical much by the way?