Nydus Swarmhost

Guys, I know this strategy was nerfed, but I think its still too powerful. I know i know the typical people are gonna screech at me for saying this. But if u were protoss, i would congratulate you if u didn’t lose your temper last year. Honestly, blizzcon 2019 was insulting to all Terrans and Protosses alike.

Back to the Nydus Swarmhost, sure the whine has died down but i think its still too powerful against toss especially on maps like Golden wall. People last year blamed the nydus worm for being too cheap too spammable, 0 risk high reward. But I think the conservation should shift towards the swarmhost. There is a very good reason why there is so much hate towards the swarm host if you’re not Zerg. Heck, i don’t even think pro zergs even like this unit.

The unit is ehh problematic. if ur Zerg and the protoss is at your front door, good luck trying to defend with a unit that stinks at defending. If u hear a scream as Protoss and a nydus pops out,good luck not losing a Nexus and be not 50 supply behind 3 mins later. Try to transition to carrier ? Guess what Zerg will be flying with 2000 minerals and gas after 4 mins of relentless assault, Bam! 20 corruptors and gg.

If u play Terran mech at least you could defend with hellion/Hellbat and still come out to max out and still win so the strat is more balanced against Terran. But if ur toss, good luck. And please don’t try to remind tosses that Storm or Achons are good at defending locust waves, They are not that good.

Plus from a viewer standpoint the nydus swarmhost is so limiting to map variety. As a mapmaker you are handicapped to make make maps be not completely broken for nydus swarmhost. I just wanna say that something about the swarmhost needs to change thats all. Btw this is one issue from a massive collection of problems with ZvP. And oh can Blizzard plz Remove cannon rushing ? speaking of overdue changes…

5 Likes

Its even boring to play swarmhost

2 Likes

If you mean watching pro games, I was screeching at the screen violently.
If you mean playing, I don’t think I got hit by nydus/sh more than… Oh IDK… maybe 43688944357 times.
A lot of screen screeching.

Remove swarmhost and send angry letters to david kim. Make sure they’re letters so he can appreciate te fact that you took the time to actually write it.

1 Like

at P, I understand that sh/nydus is annoying.

but at T, I have no sympathy for T.

1. go bio then sh’s useless.
  2. How else are you going to attack a mech army with a thor | tank | Hellbat .
    where each base has a tank with towers around it.
    and every few seconds drive 4- x Hellion into a base and kill worker.
1 Like

This is so ignorant… lol. T can deal with it. But using Bio? No. You need blueflame hellbats and turtle until you max while hoping Z doesnt techswitch and keeps too much supply in SH. Then kill locust wave, move out and you either kill Zerg or die trying.

Very much not fun way to play the game.

1 Like

You should measure fun by the amount of death threats and “I will eat your family” you get when laddering.

1 Like

bah Ive lost games because of that dirty nydus SH… especially on that map with Amon. Was a batsh*t to play against, just in your bases.

I think the issue with Swarmhosts is that they are pretty unstoppable once they spawn swarmlings, I would love to see a good defence against them but it does not happen because they hit hard and they have good defence, I want to see swarmlings last longer but deal less damage that way if you have a counter for them you can get to use them before you have lost a bunch of units/buildings to the swarmlings

1 Like

Your statement directly contradicts what the balance team thinks about Nydus/SH…

Zerg whiner detected.

Since when anything balance team thinks was relevant. They don’t have first clue about what they are doing. If zerg goes nydus+sh, protoss has no answer. Zerg just get ravagers and banes, which beat even protoss t3 army and hold stupid 2/3 base all in and than get swarmhosts take out base for free. At this point it is already over. And protoss has no way to deny nyduses, or catch swarmhosts, you will slowly lose value, until you die…

3 Likes

People have been asking for the complete removal of the unit since Day 1. Not nerfed, not modification, the complete removal. The unit is flawly designed.

4 Likes

Oh please Velitey, why do try to keep defending Zerg ? Do u even think that Zerg winning 7 premiers in a row is good for the health and longevity of StarCraft 2 ? Cos i don’t think so. Just admit it u are extremely biased for Zerg. We all know it.

There is a reason why the swarmhost is hated by Tosses and Terrans man. If u were a toss fan, last year blizzcon was insulting as the swarmhost nydus was a big middle finger to all tosses. I’ve watched so many tosses get robbed of their victories even when I know certain Zergs are not playing well. For instance ShoWTimE vs Dark.

While I do think Zerg is not that OP anymore, They are still slightly too good. Look at the recent results, they are still doing really well even like after 10 nerfs just shows you how insanely overpowered zerg was last year. As with some unreasonable people here who want revenge, screw them. They are also just as bad. I don’t want zerg to deleted, all i want is better race representation and other non zerg champions to arise for they deserve some recognition for their hard work in a place where the environment is still not quite fair.

1 Like

I think saying you’re interested in race representation is a slippery slope, as it could lead to soft racism and lower expectations from the players.

Think about what youre saying.

If there’s no problem with the SH in zvt and zvz, and only in zvp, then what is the real problem?

Especially considering the fact that cucktoss gets stomped by everything under the sun, not just SH

think about it.