My last session on the ladder - 33% smurfs

My last SC2 ladder session in Platinum league (Yes i know i suck, prolly it has got to do something with the fact i got like 2 hours per week to play) .I played 9 games.

3 smurfs/matchup evaders(*) .
1 200apm Zerg (seems legit, prolly just laddering up a new account, but still weird one in Plat)
5 more or less normal games

(*)Apart from guys who freeloose to stay low, there seems to be guys who freeloose only certain matchup.Maybe its good faith, they want to train other matchups, but the end result is similar to standard smurfs: the opponent must face someone who normally would be prolly considerably higher on the ladder.

What im saying is:
1-Anyone saying smurfing doesnt exist or is rare, is living in another reality.
2- For me it was still fun, I got used. But I imagine if a new guy wanted to join the game and would meet similar smurfs in Silver, he would prolly think"Jesus these guys are so damn good, I dont know whats happening, also its not fun loosing all the time. Need to find another game"

Also from this sessions and another one, Terrans were by far the cheesiest race (proxy barracks gallore), and most rare to GLHF or GG. Despite the legends i got canon rushed only 1 time.

Link to the games (not that they are interesting, just as proof):

https://sc2replaystats.com/account/replays/56760/0/2700217/1v1/AutoMM/48/

Some pics showing freeloosing of these palyers from their history vs other opponents, or apm:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/ZT0Ns7v

Cheers

2 Likes

And here we have it reason why rts is niche cause it’s simply best game ewa made if you like to lose constantly but if you like to win from time to time then it’s made in hell.

Sure you can explain someone why did he lose every time but that does not change the fact that and il quote again

More insights into smurfing by @Trias

1 Like

I dont understand your post. IF there was no smurfs, and unranked sheningans, meaning evertbody would just play like it was designed, even if you stayed at the same skill level you should win 50 % of your matches or something alike

Tell that to people who play couple times couple games lose all and newer return expain to them that they are wrong how they should not abandon game and how they won 50% of games

And half of those smurfs were abusive, game-killing streamers.

• Most people don’t actually know how to confirm if their opponent was a smurf or not.
  • Smurfing isn’t as frequent in the different parts of the ladder. If you’re in platinum, you’re going to face a lot of smurfs. But less than in gold, and probably much more than if you were D1.

So if your interlocutor is ≥ diamond 1 and has no idea how to confirm a smurf, he will honestly affirm there aren’t as much smurfs. Though his experience is in fact far from reflecting reality considering the whole ladder.

Possibly. But what then should we do ?

Thanks for the relay, Dallarian ! :smiley:

1 Like