Make -400/400 unabductable?

It’s not enough to be one league above your real skill as protoss, you need two leagues ?

We couldn’t abduct ultras or broodlords, and battlemech would absolutely dominate.

If you dont snipe the mother ship first the protoss just focuses your overseers and goes back to being invisible.

Yeah I think you forgot your brain in the laundry. Overseer have 11 sight range, 13~14 with Oversight, it’s no risk at all to put it behind the army, Zerg can pretty much keep their detection safe, I’m not gonna engage any further, it’s something like the fifth time I write the same thing with other words but this guy can’t get it right.

1 Like

it seems to me that the question is not about abduct, but why in a game where there are no heroes and there are no restrictions on the number of units (only supply) there is a unit which can be made only one?

Agreed, in an RTS you ought to be able to build the MS several times (which balances out by its huge supply) - listen that supply would increase in such a patch of course.

I don’t think the game needs hero units. (aka one time units)

Who would make more than one of these crappy units?

Tempests have 14 range vs air. 5 of them oneshot an Overseer. Invisible tempests can snipe Overseers from beyond their detection range.

So on top of the cost of the MS, you want 5 tempests to be built, just to one shot one of the several overseers, so that your hero unit isn’t useless? LOL

Seriously, I wonder if this is how the balance team approaches this, it’s completely idiotic and theoretical, yet “on paper” you can reason anything to be balanced.

3 Likes

If Zerg makes Corruptors that Mothership and then the Tempests are probably dead anyway.

I doubt all of the Overseers would get sniped or there would be no Spores available, but even in that case Zerg has a third option to reveal some units with Fungal.

Yeah mothership with mass tempests is OP! 100 army supply for the dps of 25 stimmed marines, super OP.

The only thing Toss has that is good in the air vs zerg is Void rays and they are still vulnerable to abduct, parasitic bomb, and neural.

I don’t really care that motherships are vulnerable to abduct. I don’t build them and probably wouldn’t if they were immune to abduct.

4 Likes

Just retreat if you get revelated, if not Tempest can’t snipe Overseers they can’t see.

On top of that Tempest shots 1 voley per minute, so if you have 4 Overseers you got a lot of minutes to trade supply with the Protoss while it’s not shoting at your army.

On top of that you have Fungal that reveals.

On top of that you have your moving Spore forest.

You Zergs have A LOT of options.

2 Likes

A spore farm is even better. As it both detects, shoots up and doesn’t cost gas.

1 Like

Broodlords can be abducted. That’s why they kinda suck in ZvZ.

its not about who would, but about the rts part of it…
FOR INSTANCE: Maybe you want 2 because 1 would die in the enemies first salvo in a max vs max army fight etc, just like with everything. in this game…

i think good example (just to make it clear) is the Arbiter from Broodwar, you would make several, jsut so that one comes through for its unique warping in mechanic (onto the enemy forces/main base/what ever).

Thanks for your constructive question.

I didn’t say it shouldn’t be able to be neuralled. but why should thors be abductable by something 1/5 of the size

1 Like